After it’s all said and done.

on April 8, 2009 in Mount Hermon, Ze Bloggy Goodness with 17 comments by

Literally.

I’m back at Sarah‘s house where I’ll be staying for the next few weeks.  Hanging in the OC for a bit? Don’t mind if I do.

Mt. Hermon. I don’t know what to say. It was absolutely wonderful. I’m a better person for going- professionally and personally. I have some really sweet friends, old and new- Sarah, Melodee, Brad, Andy, BJ, Rusty, Hollie, Judy, and a few other crazies. And our buddy Thomas [who has some seriously sweet internet skillz] did an AWESOME job of collecting all the Mt. Hermon twitter people here.  Cool, huh?

So I left the conference feeling like I have a small conglomerate of buds that kinda mean a lot to me.

And professionally, it was awesome. I learned a whole lot, met some great editors, authors, agents, and publicists. I met with my agent Rachel and we have laid out a simple plan which should lead to world domination in 6-9 months. I also went to classes that will benefit my career, improve my writing, and hopefully put my book on your book shelf in the near future.

BUT.

I am exhausted. I mean, seriously, how many times can one genuinely answer “So what do you write?”. Apparently somewhere in the 350-360 times range. And then I ran out of steam and started saying things like, “I…. ummm…. kinda…. yeah… where is the nearest Smoothie King?”

Which is strange, but these are the things that happen when I get very tired.

In fact, while writing this post on my bed, I started to feel my head droop. So I laid on my shoulder and typed, then scooted back a bit further and laid my head down while I was typing.  And then I thought, “I wonder if I look as tired as I feel?”

I’m going to go with UH. YEAH.

tired

[Someday I’ll regret putting up pictures like this. But for today, I think it’s funny. Humor trumps dignity every time here at annieblogs.com]

1. Southern Gal
    posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 1:02 AM  |  reply

It’s 2am on the east coast. I was wondering if you were still up and posting at this hour. Don’t ask why I’m still up…
    Glad you enjoyed yourself and met new and old friends. Can’t wait to hear more when you’re rested.
    Good night, um, morning.

2. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 1:05 AM  |  reply

That is just a great way to live life! Not that exhausted part. Cause, obviously, thats just tiring. But the dignity part? Who needs it? That’s what I want to know!

3. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 2:26 AM  |  reply

Geez, I wish I looked that adorable when I was exhausted. I would love to think it has something to do with being a mom of 3, but probably not. I’m not brave enough to post a pic right now to prove it, either.

4. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 6:35 AM  |  reply

haha and i’m so glad that humor trumps dignity!

5. Laurie
    posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

Get some rest girl and enjoy your time away! So glad the conference was a success in many ways for you.

6. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 10:17 AM  |  reply

Humor should ALWAYS trump. I firmly believe laughter will live on in heaven. Our dignity will not.

Rest up. Enjoy that California sunshine. Maybe you should sleep outside.

7. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 10:20 AM  |  reply

glad things went well!! you look great!! 😉

8. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 11:00 AM  |  reply

Hey–I’m as tired as you look and without the fun, sun, friends, and professional growth…
    You earned your sleepy face and I’m so excited for you! oh, and humor totally wins…that’s why we’re writers! =]

9. Amy
    posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 11:29 AM  |  reply

L.O.V.E. this…and needed it, too. As soon as the shuttle van left the campus I burst into tears and cried all the way to the San Jose airport. I’m not kidding. The poor driver was mortified…I had to sit next to him in the front seat because I get so carsick…I think he would have rather I barfed than bawled my eyes out on him. I can’t remember when I’ve cried so hard…not necessarily sad tears, but not necessarily joyful, either…can tears be made up of both? I’m going to add you to my blog’s sidebar. Blessed to know you…XOXO

10. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 11:41 AM  |  reply

You better remember all the little people once you dominate the world, Annie Blogs

11. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 5:56 PM  |  reply

love you dear girl. so glad you are here.

12. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 5:56 PM  |  reply

uh…i mean “woman”

13. posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 6:52 PM  |  reply

Haha, well, Annie, I didn’t actually start writing in it until after I interviewed you. Before that it was just one of those blogs that somebody started once upon a time and never wrote in. I’m going to send my article your way!

p.s. Smoothie King = so good.

14. faith
    posted on Apr 08, 2009 at 7:29 PM  |  reply

Consider it solid gold that you have the same agent that works ‘closely’ with Robin Jones Gunn. She forever changed my world by creating Christy Miller & Co.

Ugh. Still waiting for my “Todd.”

15. Judy
    posted on Apr 09, 2009 at 2:24 AM  |  reply

Missing you, too! Did I tell you my middle name is Ann? I might change it to Annie now. In your honor, of course. “Judy Annie” has kind of a ringy to it, ya know?

I, too, hit the wall big time after the relational endorphin rush wore off. Feelin’ your pic, I am, sistah-friend . . .

16. posted on Apr 09, 2009 at 5:53 PM  |  reply

Sigh… was there, did that. Got home from Mt. Hermon at 1am on Tuesday. Ick. Smoothie King… must be a Stateside thing. Sounds marvelous though. Mmhmm.

Buh.

17. Laura
    posted on Apr 11, 2009 at 2:23 PM  |  reply

you got a SECOND giant rose ring? where else in the world do you fnd those other than in scotland?