Ye old internet overwhelmeth me today.

on April 22, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 15 comments by

I have 9,356 things flying through my mind. And there are so many things on the internet that need my attention. [That sounds yucky, but I mean things like facebook inbox, gmail inbox, google reader, etc.] I feel like I’m a bit woven and spun into the world wide web.

So maybe this is a good day to make a list. Some of the 9,356 things are rather private, because I don’t know if you know this, but there are actually a few topics that I don’t write about. [Gasp. I know.] But a list I shall make none the less.

– I am SO READY for my book to get moving. I’m excited about it and I’m ready to start getting it out there. I’ve totally got ants in my pants about the whole thing. But no updates yet. Sorry.

– The PEEPS list is looking good- are you on it?

– I find myself saying, “I know, right?” about every third sentence. I think I picked that up from Linda.

– I had some blood drawn today at a doctor’s appointment and then I took a nap. When I woke up, I was glad that I didn’t die. [And oh, I might be a bit of a medical drama queen.]

– My mom made us Easter baskets and included, praise the Lord, Cadbury eggs.

– I’m going to the SheSpeaks Conference. Mainly because it rules. And Lysa TerKeurst is on my short list of heroes. Will you be there?

– Have I ever told you that my favorite movie is Mary Poppins? It is. Today at least.

– I’m joining Vicki Courtney on her 30-Day Shred Challenge. [Do you know Vicki? If you have a teen daughter, you NEED to know Vicki. I’m just sayin’.] I’m going to start on April 28 so that I finish on May 28. Wanna play along? Here’s the link to the DVD on Amazon.com if you are interested.

– I need to be done by May 28. Because on May 28, I’m going to Africa.  [You didn’t see THAT one comin’, did ya? More info on that in the near future… but you are going to L.O.V.E it.]

– It makes me sick that I’m missing the Ten out of Tenn movie this week. I heart them, as you may well remember.

– It has literally taken me 3 hours to write this blog post.

– Does ANYONE remember the movie “Ollie Hopnoodle’s Haven of Bliss“? It was a favorite of mine in 1989 and the birthplace of my longstanding crush on Jerry O’Connell.

AnnieBlogs OUT.

1. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 4:23 AM  |  reply

I’m a PEEP!

2. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 8:03 AM  |  reply

Hey Annie! I’m a peep too, and I’m excited 🙂

Also, just wanted to say – can’t wait to hear more about this trip to Africa! I’ve been to East Africa 4 tinmes, and hubby and I are planning to be career missionaries there in a few years time. It’s an amazing place!

3. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM  |  reply

Africa? so exciting! 🙂

and I say “I know, right?” all the time . . . seriously all the time. I got it from my Canadian heritage . . . it sounded cooler when i had my Canadian accent, but whatever.

4. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 10:53 AM  |  reply

My roommates are Shredders!! I’ve never done it with them… maybe I should start. 🙂

5. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:27 AM  |  reply

I’m a Peep!

My 12 year old daughter is ALWAYS saying “I know, right?”

Supercalafragilisticexpealidocious.

I’m jealous about Africa.

6. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:34 AM  |  reply

Oh, Annie, I signed up for She Speaks several weeks ago. I’m excited about going, too! Good luck with all the internet wading- it can be overwhelming!

7. Laurie
    posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:50 AM  |  reply

Africa? with the Mocha Club?! can’t wait to hear about it.

Checked the DVD out on amazon – there’s like over 1000 reviews which all pretty much say she kicks your butt! I definitely want to try and get it, I mean 20 pounds in 30 days – wow! Thank you, Annie for always being so informative on music, books, TV shows, and now this challenge!

8. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:04 PM  |  reply

ohhh Africa – yes, I’m with Laurie… is it with MC? or no? cause if no, are you coming to Ghana?? I mean, probably not, but how cool would that be 😉

9. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 3:19 PM  |  reply

Africa??? That is so exciting! I do hope you’ll share more.

I have done 30 Day Shred, and it will indeed kick your butt. But it’s only about 25 minutes of butt-kicking, so it’s manageable. 🙂 I will say that the claim of “lose 20 pounds in 30 days” is grossly overstated unless you also plan to give up eating. Which I wouldn’t recommend.

10. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 4:30 PM  |  reply

I want to go to SheSpeaks in NC. How do you sign up? Are you going as a speaker, writer or blogger? Sounds like fun.

Are you going to BlogHer this summer too?

11. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 8:47 PM  |  reply

i’m on your peep list, no? didnt see any actual list, just a form to fill out.

and yes, we wanna know more info about the africa trip!

12. posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:22 PM  |  reply

Ok seriously. Let’s be best friends…because….
    1.) I’m one of you “peeps”.
    2.) Mary Poppins is my favorite movie ever (see blog name) and I could fascinate you for hours with trivia.
    3.) I have lost 12 pounds with the “30 day shred” already.

See?

13. Face
    posted on Apr 22, 2009 at 11:35 PM  |  reply

Is SheSpeaks in Charlotte again this year (I realize I could take 30sec and look this up myself). If it is, please stay with us– we have a REAL pull-out couch now, hardwood floors and all sorts of fanciness!

14. posted on Apr 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM  |  reply

annie — love the Peeps idea for the publisher! Great plan.
    And as for She Speaks …… oh, how I want to go but I’m on the fence with the whole money thing.

I’m just praying that the Lord will make it happen.

Congrats on the book~! Sounds wonderful. I’m shopping mine around again after T. Nelson canceled it (during the big layoff / book canceling shindig in Dec). Ahhh, well, God’s timing is perfect!!

15. posted on Apr 25, 2009 at 9:39 AM  |  reply