I’m home.

on June 12, 2009 in Mocha Club with 9 comments by

And that’s about all I have to offer you today.

Next week, I’ll be back on the bloggy train, I promise. I just don’t know what to say about Africa yet, and I know you want to hear about it. I want to tell you …. I just don’t know how yet.

Here’s what I can tell you:

1) I’ll show you lots of pics next week as well. Don’t worry about that. I didn’t wear a lot of make-up in Africa and I didn’t get the chance to wash my hair all that often. The pics depict these sad truths. I’m sorry.

2) I still cry when I watch this video. Hearing Ernie sing makes me miss him (and the rest of our team) terribly.

[for you feed reader peeps, there’s a video over here, so click on over.]

3) I’m still really tired. I don’t know if it’s jet-lag or just exhaustion, but it makes my eyes hurt and my head droop at unexpected times. Which can get awkward for the people around me.

And sadly, that is the fullness of material that my brain is managing well right now.

Yikes-a-rama.

1. posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM  |  reply

Can’t wait to read all about it. Get some rest!

2. posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:28 AM  |  reply

It’s so hard when you’ve done something like that, you can’t really explain it to people! Looking forward to seeing photos though!

3. posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM  |  reply

I really enjoyed reading your blog entries on the Mocha Club blog – I think you guys made a big impact over there!

4. posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM  |  reply

So glad you are home safe! I am sure you have lots of amazing stories & insights to share…
    I went to China eons ago & when I came back I remember falling asleep on a friend’s couch in the middle of the afternoon. They were so sweet; they just let me take a REALLY long nap right there like it was no big deal. Weird the things you remember, huh?

5. posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:14 PM  |  reply

I just downloaded Ernie’s song from iTunes. That’s a GOOD ONE. Thanks for sharing!
    Glad you’re home and safe. Can’t wait to hear all about the trip – whenever you’re able to process it all. Which might be in the next few years.
    Love ya!

6. Mandy Mann
    posted on Jun 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM  |  reply

Welcome home. Cant wait to hear more…i know it was an experience from GOD that is hard to capture just with words…but if anyone can do it…i know you can.
    P.s. i laughed so hard when you said your head droops from being tired which is awkward to those around you. You so funny girl.

7. posted on Jun 15, 2009 at 9:01 PM  |  reply

Oh, I can’t wait to hear all about it! I was out of town all of last week and am just catching up on my blog reading. I bawled my way through the video on the Mocha Club blog. What an amazing experience for y’all!

8. posted on Jun 16, 2009 at 11:04 AM  |  reply

Amazing video, Annie! I just love it! Welcome home, I know it is hard coming home with part of your heart left in a place 1/2 way across the world! The preschool you all painted is so amazing!!!
    Much love,
    April

9. E$
    posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 11:45 AM  |  reply

i find some kind of comfort in knowing i’m not the only one having a hard time talking about our trip. its sort of like having a room that needs organizing. and its all over the place. and you’re not sure where to begin. so you don’t.

i have so much to say, but end up saying nothing.

am i making sense?