I just love it.

on June 17, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 9 comments by

Book club, that is.

As you know, one of my favorite parts of my Marietta life was my book club. In fact, I wrote an article about it. And so when I moved to Nashville, and a new friend told me that she was in a book club, I asked to join. Sure, I didn’t know any of the girls. Sure, I had only been here 2 weeks. But I love books. So game on.

I’ve blogged about our Nash book club before, but Sunday night was the first night I got to host. And it was super-dee-duper special because the AUTHOR CAME TO BOOK CLUB.

We read Flies on the Butter by Denise Hildreth. You remember her- she interviewed me a few months ago. So because she is the coolest author I have ever dared to befriend, she came to book club.

standing

There we are. Christina, Annie, Amber, Brooke, DENISE HILDRETH, Rachel, and your’s truly.

book_club_sitting

It was an awesome night.We sat outside on my porch [notice the awesome lights courtesy of my two Jasons]- the weather was virtually perfect. The conversation was sweet and fun and easy and enlightening.

We discussed the book, ate peach & tomato pizzas [seriously delicious- try them!], and drank coke from the bottle- a habit we picked up from the main character in Flies on the Butter.

pizza

It was just such a fun night. These girls have grown to mean a lot to me and I love the books they pick, the conversations we hold, and the time we get to spend together.

If you want to read the book we picked [or any of her other stuff because seriously the woman can put some good words on paper], you can order them HERE at Denise’s website. I am so super grateful to Denise- not only because she is a rad author, but because she is a great friend and a wise and wonderful woman.

And since we are in a book kind of mode- tomorrow, I have a free book for you from another great author. Yes, you. Free book. Get pumped.

1. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:16 AM  |  reply

I love Denise Hildreth’s writing! I haven’t read Flies on the Butter, so I will have to look for it. I loved her Savannah series. It’s so cool you know her!

2. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:40 AM  |  reply

I can’t wait for Denise’s next book. When I hear Wynonna sing “Flies on the Butter” it makes me cry. Then to read the book with all those childhood memories…well let’s just say I have to have tissue handy.

3. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 9:12 AM  |  reply

Annie, you lead such an exciting life. Seriously! The AUTHOR came to book club? And it was DENISE HILDRETH? Too cool. 🙂 I’m glad you had so much fun.

And now I’m off to see if I’ve missed any of her books, although I think I’ve read (and LOVED) them all…

4. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM  |  reply

I wish I lived in Nashville. For real.

5. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 3:53 PM  |  reply

I’m pumped 🙂 And can’t wait to grab one of her books!

6. ashley e
    posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 4:19 PM  |  reply

ummm…1) I love the pictures. 2) I’m so sad I couldn’t be there. 3) you make some amazing food!

7. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 4:50 PM  |  reply

How cool!

8. posted on Jun 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM  |  reply

You are a Rock Star, friend! How cool was that?!

9. MAR
    posted on Mar 31, 2010 at 5:47 PM  |  reply

Ya’ll do know Denise has a new book coming out in June – Hurricanes in Paradise. She has her first non-fiction coming out next year – Flying Solo and she is getting married on April 10, 2010…. just to update you!!