29 things.

on July 7, 2009 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 53 comments by

I think, since I’m officially turning 29 right now- as in, right this very day, I should tell you 29 things about myself that you may or may not already know.

1. I love orange juice with lots of pulp. LOTS.

2. I’ve been nominated multiple times for What Not To Wear. But never picked. Lame. πŸ™

3. I love the Atlanta Falcons. Always have. Always will.

4. I think I’ll live in Scotland at some point in my life.

5. I thought CDs were going to totally fail. So I kept buying cassette tapes until 1999.

6. I’ve read the book “Christy” over 40 times. By choice.

7. I started this blog in November of 2006 because my sister had one.

8. I’ve been a bridesmaid 16 times.

9. But I only own 13 dresses. 3 brides picked the same dress. Can you believe that?!!?

10. I don’t get starstruck easily, but I think I would pass out if I met Dolly Parton.

11. I wanted to get a tattoo last summer. Not any more.

12. My favorite verses are Psalm 73:25-26. I say them in my head all the time.

13. I LUH-HUV my birthday. And I love that my birthday is on 07/07.

14. The first person that I ever prayed for that later became a Christian is Deion Sanders.

15. I wore the number 21 in every sport for that very reason.

16. Jesus loves me, this I know.

17. I love being on stage with a microphone.

18. I think God brought me to Nashville to give me freedom.

19. I am super lucky to have great friends in Nashville and Marietta and here on ye old blog.

20. I love taking naps.

21. You’d be surprised how much flack I get for wearing fleece all winter. I just love those things.

22. My life is proof that God dreams bigger than I do.

23. I never planned to be single at 29. I’m okay with it.

24. If I had more lives to live, I’d star on a Disney Channel show and be a chef.

25. I always crush on boys that a) send good emails or b) wear baseball caps backwards.

26. I still use the same Bible that my parents gave me for Christmas, 1995.

27. My favorite city to visit in the USA is Boston.

28. I have best friends that are ten years younger than me and some that are twenty years older than me. It’s called generational bud-dom. Get you some.

29. I’m addicted to cheese.

So there you go. I’ve been saying I was 29 for about 4 months now, which is a pecular mistake to make… repeatedly. And now it’s official. Your blogista is 29 and feelin’ fine. Needin’ to make a dime. Wants to learn how to brine. Loves to attempt to rhyme.

Oh yikes. My sense of humor apparently expired after 28 years. I better go renew that puppy.

1. Face
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 5:31 AM  |  reply

Woo hoo! Happy Birthday, Friend!!!!
    You are way to cute to WNTW. Yes, they would shudder at your fleecy consistency, but your outfits don’t involve embroidered Disney characters, so don’t hold your breath.

2. Face
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 5:32 AM  |  reply

Pepto Bismol is advertising on your site?! WOW.

3. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 6:33 AM  |  reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I too love lots of pulp. I consider it a drinkable meal. Delicious.

4. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:16 AM  |  reply

Happy 29th!
    I’m with ya on generational bud-dum. Not only is it life-enriching, it makes you feel young and spritely when one of your dear friends turns 49.
    May your day be filled with lots of cheese, a nap, and perhaps a Dolly Parton sighting!

5. Southern Gal
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:39 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie! You are too funny. You’re not losing it.
    Love me some Christy, too. Used the excuse of reading it to my daughter a couple of times just so I could read it again and again. And I think that thing about saying you’re older than you are starts around the 30 year mark so you’re right on time. I’m always shocked when my birthday rolls around and I’m actually younger than I thought. (July 25 – 46!) Not quite 20 years older than you, but oh so close.

6. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:54 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday! (I feel like I already said this on another comment but as it’s actually today!)

It’s also my mother in law’s birthday. I like orange juice with pulp too.

Have a lovely day!

7. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:57 AM  |  reply

annie!!!! happy birthday friend!!!! have an amazing day πŸ™‚

8. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:04 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, sweet Annie!

9. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:20 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie! Love you!

10. kathleen
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

I’m very glad to have known you for 17 of the last 29 years!! Can you believe that?! Also just a little bit relieved about #11.
    Love you, talk to you later. And happy birthday!

11. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:30 AM  |  reply

Happy birthday! You’re just a pup – but definitely wiser than I was at your age. Or even now, truth to be told – I’m asking for wisdom for my 50th birthday – I have 5 more years to be a ditz!

12. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:12 AM  |  reply

Lotsa love and cake batter on your birthday, friend! Have a great day!!!

13. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a fantastic day πŸ™‚

14. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:33 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie Girl! You add so much light and laughter to this world. And I can’t wait to see you in less than a month! We will have to find a way to celebrate together–even if it’s just a little dance in the hall (by you, not me, no dancing here).
    Have a great day!

15. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:37 AM  |  reply

Happiest of days, favoritest of Annies! Oodles of birthday sprinkles and lots of love being tossed your way from my way.

16. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie, from one nap-lover to another! I hope your day is wonderful and filled with all kinds of happy birthday goodness!

17. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:55 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!!! I love your list!

18. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 10:25 AM  |  reply

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Annie! Hope your special day is just as fabulous as you!

What a fun list.

I love that your favorite city is Boston…my two favorites are Nashville and Boston. πŸ™‚

19. 79Leslie
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 11:15 AM  |  reply

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNIE! Enjoy 29, it’s a good year to reflect on your life before you turn 30.I have learned more about myself in the 7 months that I have been 29 than in the 28 years prior. Have a great day πŸ™‚

20. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 11:28 AM  |  reply

happy happy girlfriend.

miss you.

=)

i will come to nash for your thirtieth if you invite me.

21. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 11:40 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Annie!!

As a gift from me to you, I will share with you MY favorite bible verses…2 Corinthians 4:16-18 Like yours, these are the ones that I say over and over in my head throughout the day.

Now, go take a nap! πŸ™‚

22. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 11:41 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!!! This was very interesting, especially about being a bridesmaid 16 times. That shows what a great friend you are.

23. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 12:16 PM  |  reply

I was 17 when you were born.
    I’m glad you didn’t know me then.

24. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 12:47 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!! I am pretty hopeful that 29 is going to be a good year… πŸ™‚

25. Kristi Kay
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 1:44 PM  |  reply

I love that you helped bring Deion into the Kingdom. That is why we are friends!!!! πŸ™‚ love you – happy birthday!

26. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 2:21 PM  |  reply

Annie,

I love my generational bud-dom. One of my very best friends is the same age as my mom and I can’t imagine my life without her. Things we also both hold affection for: pulpy orange juice, naps, and internety friends. I hope you have a wonderful birthday and enjoy 29!

I’m very glad our internet paths crossed!

27. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 2:35 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie! I love birthdays, too. Another year from God — what’s not to like?!?

May He shower you with joy and laughter today. (And Frothy Monkey coffee.)

28. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 3:09 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday! What Not to Wear my foot.

29. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 3:28 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Annie

30. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 3:50 PM  |  reply

Aww, happy birthday! I love birthdays! This list was fabulous. I can’t believe you’ve been nominated for What Not to Wear multiple times but haven’t been picked! Would you go on the show if you were picked? I would in a heartbeat.

I can’t believe you’ve been a bridesmaid 16 times. Just for that you deserve a million dollars.

31. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 3:52 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday! 29 is a fun year. Your list is great…I don’t like to chew my OJ, so I can’t stand pulp. And I think it’s a-mazing that you prayed for Deion. Love it.

32. Laura
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 5:30 PM  |  reply

Are you surprised that we are practically living the same life? I’m not. Seriously, even our closets probably look the same. Happy birthday and i love you πŸ™‚

33. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 6:33 PM  |  reply

happy 29th birthday annie!!

34. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 6:54 PM  |  reply

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ANNIE!

35. Julianne
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:14 PM  |  reply

I love you:)

36. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 7:46 PM  |  reply

Happiest Birthday to you!! I was in Boston today actually, just got back! It’s a fabulous city. πŸ™‚

37. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:09 PM  |  reply

Happy, happy birthday!

1. Pulp is disgusting.
    2. I’ve told several of my closest family and friends that if and when I ever lose weight, I expect them to nominate me for WNTW.
    8. 16 times as a bridesmaid? WOW! You have a LOT of friends!!
    14. Totally cool about Deion Sanders.
    29. Cheese is good.

38. debbie sutton
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:14 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday Annie! It is 8pm your time but only 6 here in the desert. I hope that you are with great friends celebrating.
    I love your list and wish that I had started one of those when I was your age. It would take too long now!
    Blessings young friend!

39. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 8:23 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday!

40. Valerie
    posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:18 PM  |  reply

Happy Birthday, Annie!

41. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 9:31 PM  |  reply

Do I LOOK 20 years older than YOU????

Happy birthday, sis. Miss you. Big hug. PS: Great pic of my daughter Glory on my blog today. She breaks my heart!

42. posted on Jul 07, 2009 at 10:57 PM  |  reply

I love your birthday too. And bringing the generational bud-dom full circle. And you. And cheese.

43. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

nuh-uh, it did not, you are still hilarious!! πŸ˜‰ much love..

44. Lindsay
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 9:35 AM  |  reply

Annie, happy birthday! My son’s birthday is 09/09 and this year he will be 5 on 09/09/09! What did you do for your birthday in 07? I’m trying to come up with something fun… I hope you had a really good day!

45. Rusty Shelton
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 12:13 PM  |  reply

Atlanta Falcons? Are you kidding me?

Happy (late) Birthday!

46. posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 2:34 PM  |  reply

1. Yes, pulp!
    5. I stuck with cassettes because they were cheaper. And look at me now, still driving a car with just a tape deck. ha!
    8. I’ve been a bridesmaid half as many times as you,
    9. but I wasn’t lucky enough to re-use any of the dresses… Now, that would have been nice.
    16. Amen.
    22. Love it!
    28. Me too! It’s the best.

God bless, Annie.
    Annie

47. Kelli Kite
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 2:34 PM  |  reply

You would be fantastic as a chef on the Disney Channel! I would watch you.

48. Laurie
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 3:05 PM  |  reply

I’m a day late with birthday wishes and very sorry!! Hope you had an incredible day full of celebration. I certainly celebrate the day I happened across your blog. You fill many days with much needed laughter as well as challenging me in my walk with Christ. Because of you, I finally gave in and started a blog. Now the fact that I haven’t blogged in many a day is another story…

Happy Birthday, Girl!

49. Bekah
    posted on Jul 08, 2009 at 8:25 PM  |  reply

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Happy Birfday you nut! Trust me, Annie humor NEVER expires… it has like a 110 year shelf life, its packed with preservatives! I’m glad you are here (I mean on this earth) and I’m glad to call you my friend. 29 is SO good!

50. Linda
    posted on Jul 09, 2009 at 8:54 PM  |  reply

Happy belated Birthday! Numbers 8, 9 and 14 made me laugh out loud. Here’s hoping the upcoming year brings you an incredible number 30 to add to your list. Blessings to you, Annie!

51. Barblicious
    posted on Jul 10, 2009 at 3:11 PM  |  reply

The thing about the tapes…I am laughing so much right now. So I guess you don’t have a blu-ray player?

52. Ash
    posted on Jul 13, 2009 at 10:30 AM  |  reply

I love our bud-dom ness. And that you were anti-cd’s for a while.

53. posted on Jul 23, 2009 at 1:23 PM  |  reply

Oh, sweet Annie! I’m so glad I found your blog but so sad I missed your birthday.

Here’s your belated gift: Lord love a duck. Please feel free to use it whenever and wherever…even inappropriately if you so choose. You’re welcome and no thank you note is necessary.