Watch it.

on October 13, 2009 in video blogs with 11 comments by

So let’s relax, kick back, and watch a little video, eh? [That’s for you, Brad the Canadian Pastor.]

First of all, I have to show you my friend Melissa. She can sing. WITH. HER. MOUTH. CLOSED. It is my joy right now.

Truly, is that not the funniest thing you have ever seen?? I’ll be honest. I practice this about twice a day. Cause I want to be able to do it real bad. Real real bad. It involves keeping your teeth apart and sending a HUGE amount of air from your lungs into your mouth. I dunno. I just know that I’m getting close.

On a completely different note, I saw this wonderful video about adoption this week. The family involved, Mary Beth and Brent, are dear to me. And Brent, in one short sentence, may have totally changed my outlook on adoption forever.

Bethany Christian Services – A Story of Hope from Catalyst on Vimeo.

This third one. Oh it made me laugh. Because I’m pretty sure that I want to be just like her when I get published. So hilarious. #5 is my favorite.

Hope this brightened your Tuesday.

1. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 6:43 AM  |  reply

How does she do that?!

Beautiful video about adoption.

And I like #1! I would definitely use that if I were a famous author.

2. Merideth Schoolcraft
    posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 7:30 AM  |  reply

Your friend singing is so funny!!! I am amazed she can do it so well that you can understand what she’s singing. Thank you for posting Mary Beth’s video. I tried clicking on it when she posted it on facebook, but had a problem with it. My computer liked it through your blog post better. I’m so glad I got to see it! Such a great video!

3. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:44 AM  |  reply

wow!! that was amazing, i can’t sing that well with my mouth open!! 🙂

4. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 10:51 AM  |  reply

Three great videos. I snorted as your friend sang with her mouth closed.

My favorite is the one with your friend, Brent. Give me a holler sometime and I’ll give you four reasons why. 🙂

I love the idea of signing other authors’ books. Hysterical!

Have a great Tuesday!

5. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 2:06 PM  |  reply

I have a friend named Melissa who does the whole talking with mouth closed thing! Maybe you have to be named Melissa. Nonetheless, I have faith that you will accomplish this and post a video when you do!

Thanks for bringing laughter to my Tuesday!

6. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 4:37 PM  |  reply

Fabulous-all 3. Now I have to go pratice singing inside my mouth!

7. Julianne
    posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 5:21 PM  |  reply

I can’t believe she can sing that well with her mouth closed! I tried..and failed. Can’t wait to see you at the lake on Thanksgiving!!! (you will be there, right?)

8. posted on Oct 13, 2009 at 9:26 PM  |  reply

Annie, funny story. I can sing with my mouth closed. And I gave lessons this summer.

9. posted on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:32 AM  |  reply

Thanks for the awesome adoption story. We are starting the process (with Bethany) ourselves! I actually just started writing our story on my blog today. 🙂
    I haven’t been reading your blog for all that long, but I’ve really grown to love it!

10. Barbalicious
    posted on Oct 24, 2009 at 11:05 PM  |  reply

I luh-hove the video about adoption. Brought me some tears.

11. Barbalicious
    posted on Oct 24, 2009 at 11:06 PM  |  reply

And of course the singing video- um that is amazing and a new goal for myself as well!!!