Your Grammy Qs.

on February 9, 2010 in Dreams Coming True, Nash-livin' with 20 comments by

Sorry for the delay, bloggites. Moving ruled my life [my friends who helped me move are the bomb and I never use that term unless I am feeling very cheesy and appreciative] and now I’m in the new house. And my bed is caddy-corner. I know. Very lady-like.

Focus. I need to focus.

So I filtered through your questions about the Grammys and picked a handful of my favorites.

From Melissa:

• Were you ever within touching distance of Beyonce? Yes. [Did I reach out and touch her? No.]
  • Who did you sit with? Lady Antebellum and Dierks Bentley.
  • Were there other not-quite-as-famous people there with celebrities? Yep. I think so. But we all had the Talent sticker, so who knows? 🙂

From Jill:

• Was Blake Shelton there with Miranda Lambert? Nope. He had a show somewhere. But let me say again. Miranda is DEAR and you should buy her album.

From Kelly:

• What after parties did you go to? EMI/Capital. And then we were zonked so we went back to the hotel and ordered room service. I had onion soup that was to die for.
  • Did you see Reba? Tragically, no. Sigh…..

From Tori:

• Did you see the Jonas Brothers up close? Yep, they were waiting on their cars the same time we were waiting on our cars, so we all talked about music and marriage. [I actually just stood there and listened. Cause I don’t have a lot to offer those particular topics.]

From Kimberly:

• Did you get wet when Pink performed? Nope. Too far to the left.
  • Which performance did you like most? I really loved them all, truly. Pink for most interesting, Black Eyed Peas for most entertaining, Lady A for best actual performance, Lady Gaga for freaking my freak.

From my dear friend Meredith:

• What was in the goodie bags? Doggie toys, sunglasses, fancy glass things, watches, shoes, leather bags, gift cards, candles [lots of candles], jeans, shirts, and a lot LOT of other stuff. It was like Christmas. I mean, no Christmas I’VE ever known, but Christmas at Paris Hilton’s house.

From Brooke:

• Did you ever get close enough to touch Ryan Seacrest or Guiliana Rancic? Ryan = no. Guiliana = yes. [Again, I didn’t touch her, I just *could* have.]
  • Did you going to the bathroom during the Grammys? No.
  • If so, did someone fill your seat while you were gone? Seat fillers were everywhere. Every commercial break people would leave and the Grammy folks would start yelling and fill seats. It was INSANITY during that time. While Lady A was gone, an old lady named Rose sat by me and said that if I gave her my email address, she would get me a ticket to the Oscars.

I politely declined. Cause hello. Creepy.

[And then I asked her why she threw the Heart of the Ocean overboard in the FIRST place.]

• Did you get to meet and/or touch Carrie Underwood? Nope.
  • Did you have any Britney or Justin spottings? Britney was 2 rows in front of us for the first two songs and then she left, never to be seen again. Justin = nope. Whah.

So there you go!  Hope that gives you all the inside scoopage that one could ever want.

One finally funny story. My friend Cassie was standing beside me on the red carpet- she is taller than I and blonde. Ok? So I was going to tap her arm and tell her something.

I saw tall and blonde out of the corner of my eye, so I grabbed her arm and turned my head and said “CASSIE!”, really loudly because that’s how I talk- too loud.

But as I grabbed the arm, that was supposed to be bare because she had on a dress, I grabbed a jacket.

And instead of Cassie standing beside me, I realized that I had just grabbed and yelled in the face of AARON CARTER.

AARON CARTER.

Oops.

You’re welcome.

And for realz. The new GET FIT VIDEO is up. [Which. By the way. I got real frustrated on Sunday and almost quit. Like really. Almost quit. But I didn’t. I don’t know why, probably because y’all are praying. Keep it up. I’ll tell you more later.]

1. Face
    posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 6:09 AM  |  reply

Watched the GetFit video.
    Good to see you again FanHair Annie. I remember you from my wedding 🙂

2. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 7:29 AM  |  reply

J E A L O U S
    glad it was fun! what a memory!

3. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 8:40 AM  |  reply

LOVE the Grammy’s story! And stay strong on your fitness adventure! You’ve inspired me too! Last week I wrote the fat letter too. So refreshing. And everytime I wanted to eat something awful, the words of my letter replayed in my head. You are a genius!
    Anyway, thanks for the inspiration!
    P.S. – I am a huge Lady A fan! I envy you!

4. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 9:06 AM  |  reply

Aw. I was so hoping you’d get to meet Reba or at least look at her in person. And about those bags. Do they come with a standard size jeans or what? Interesting.

5. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 9:09 AM  |  reply

Glad you had fun!!

6. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 9:32 AM  |  reply

Sounds like it was so much fun and I’m totes jelly (ha, I’m combining abbreviations!) of the goodie bag awesomeness! I’m a firm believer that you can never have too many candles. However, a piece of advice, don’t burn them all at the same time unless they’re all the same because it’s bad news bears smellwise (pretty sure that isn’t a word).

We’re all glad you didn’t quit the challenge because we KNOW you can do it! 🙂 Continuing to pray for you! 🙂

7. Shana Owen
    posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 9:55 AM  |  reply

“Heart of the Ocean”- hilarious!! I’m still laughing. I’m so happy for you, what an awesome experience!
    Thank you for sharing it with us- I miss you!

8. Heidi S
    posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

Haha!! yelled in Aaron Carter’s face??? That is SO awesome!

thanks for all the details!!!

9. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 10:06 AM  |  reply

Annie, so happy you got to go. What fun experience! My favorite part was with Rose, literally LOL. Tell Mr. Haywood Libby says hi if you get a chance. I haven’t seen him in months and I hope he is loving all this fun!

10. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 10:08 AM  |  reply

[…] Visit link: Annie Blogs » Blog Archive » Your Grammy Qs. […]

11. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 10:31 AM  |  reply

Girl, I’m so glad I’m not the only one to mistake Aaron Carter for a girl!

I totally forgot about goodie bags. Awesome!

So glad you had fun. Good luck getting settled into the new digs.

12. Kristi Kay
    posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 10:58 AM  |  reply

I LOVE that creepy Rose sat next to you…my crack-up for the day. Thanks!

13. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 11:07 AM  |  reply

1. I want to be a seat filler. Like whoa. I would be awesome at that job.
    2. Rose = HA!
    3. You didn’t get to see Reebs. I’m sad for you. But then again happy for you. Because if you did, I would have to hate you. And I really don’t want that.
    4. (totally serious #4) Subway Fit Challenge? You ROCK. You’re braver than I am. I would so do the Biggest Loser except I wouldn’t be able to see my fam for 6 months, Jillian scares me, and I’m a chicken. But I’m very inspired by you. Let’s get skinny and healthy and go buy some ridiculously expensive jeans that we haven’t been able to fit in before and celebrate together. Mkay? Seriously, proud of you.

14. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 11:24 AM  |  reply

Heart of the ocean line was FANTASTIC. Seriously, I’m just so ticked I can’t think of stuff like that when I write.

Your video is hilarious. And John Mayer is totally gonna hunt you down. Or at least tweet something really mean about you.

15. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 1:11 PM  |  reply

Thanks for answering my question! I’m not going to buy Miranda Lambert’s new album, because I’m going to make my husband buy it for me for my birthday, along with Lady A’s album! Can’t wait!
    Off to go watch your GetFit Video. Have a great day! 🙂

16. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 1:17 PM  |  reply

Brilliant line of the day:
    “And then I asked her why she threw the Heart of the Ocean overboard in the FIRST place.” Classic. I cannot stop laughing.

17. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 2:47 PM  |  reply

We(my daughter & I) looked so hard for a sighting of you at the grammys (from the tv) we were more excited trying to look for you than any celebs!! 🙂 Don’t give up on the fit thingy! Just be in each moment, not in the past! Praying! 🙂

18. posted on Feb 10, 2010 at 7:49 PM  |  reply

Thanks Annie!!

19. posted on Feb 11, 2010 at 4:54 PM  |  reply

Rose and the heart of the ocean. That owned me.

20. posted on Feb 19, 2010 at 4:38 PM  |  reply

You really trip me out. The whole heart of the ocean thing make me roll over with laughter. Love reading your stuff. It’s great!