My welcome home.

on November 29, 2010 in (in)courage, Mocha Club, Westbow Press with 11 comments by

Five hour flight from Honolulu to San Francisco.

Two hour layover in San Fran. Minus the Tanner family. [Full House joke!]

Five hour flight from San Francisco to Atlanta.

One hour drive to Marietta.

One hour with the family at home.

Three and a half hour drive to Nashville.

That’s a serious amount of travel. When I got home to Nash, I looked like I got hit by the ugly stick, straight across the face. I think I scared my roommate. She looked panicked. Because of my face.

My face.

Bless her heart.

I unpacked immediately [very un-Annie; totally channeling my inner-Marisa] and then sat down to see this.

A real copy of my book. My first real in-my-hands copy!

Weird. Weird. Weird.

And you can have one on Tuesday, DECEMBER 7, 2010! Woot woot!

And listen. I’ve under-discussed the Georgia Bulldogs this year. I just can’t. It’s hard for my soul. But this book sits on our table because in good years or in bad years or in completely average years, it’s still great to be a Georgia Bulldog. [Especially after a 1 point win over Georgia Tech-- it feels so good.]

And don’t even get me started on the chances that the Dawgs might play a bowl game here in Nashville. It makes me happy.

Also. It’s an exciting day at Mocha Club- our fashionABLE scarves are 25% off. You should get one. Really.

Also. I’m love that I’m getting to write over at (in)courage today. About leftovers. Because I didn’t get any. Boo. I have almost zero complaints about Hawaii, but I am sad that I had not-a-one turkey sandwich.

Sue me.

So tell me about your Thanksgiving! How was it?

zv7qrnb

1. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 7:18 AM  |  reply

Wonderful. Slow paced. Mellow.

(Glad you made it back safely. The Ugly Stick? My parents look like that when they get back from the Philippines every year.)

2. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 7:59 AM  |  reply

Your blogs are always a welcome.

I can’t wait to read your book. It better be autographed.

3. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:21 AM  |  reply

I think with creativity comes the ability..or lack of ability to unpack. I suffer from the same procrastination technique!And the ugly stick finds the prettiest of face–if you are traveling at least 2 hours “he” will find you and lay out out COLD. get some rest…you gotta a book to love on!!

4. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

I always love coming to visit your blog! Glad you made it home safely. Can’t wait to pick up a copy of your book. Have a great week!

5. Merideth
    posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM  |  reply

Well, Annie, I don’t know if I should tell you this. But, my Thanksgiving weekend was full of leftovers. Including my tradition of having a turkey sandwich. And we still have leftovers, so I see one or 2 more turkey sandwiches in my future. I wish I could share them with you!
    Hey, I was wondering if you could email me the link to your (in)courage artical? I’m having trouble clicking on the link. I dont’ think it’s your website, though. I think I need to update my internet explorer, or something. But, I really want to read your artical, so if you could email it to me I’d really appreciate it. Thanks! Glad you made it home safely.

6. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 9:05 AM  |  reply

Welcome home!! So fun that you got to spend time with family in Hawaii!!! I think the trade-off of the turkey sandwich was totally worth it. Just wanted to say that I can’t WAIT to read your book!!!

7. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 10:53 AM  |  reply

I cannot even imagine a day of travel quite like that. I bet you were thrilled to finally get home! My Thanksgiving was wonderful, and I have enjoyed a few turkey sandwiches since!!

8. posted on Nov 29, 2010 at 4:17 PM  |  reply

had my first ever thanksgiving this year!! my californian flat mate and i cooked for eight hours and it was totally worth it – good food and great time with friends :)
    can’t wait for the book btw

9. posted on Nov 30, 2010 at 7:47 PM  |  reply

Hey! We beat Tech by more than 1 point! Granted, that last TD was redic, but still.

• Annie
      posted on Dec 01, 2010 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

Sloan,
      OH! You are so right. I totally forgot. Well done. :)

10. posted on Dec 01, 2010 at 7:46 AM  |  reply

Delurking to agree that no matter the scores, it’s great.to be. a Georgia bulldawg….(p.s. I am thinking the Liberty Bowl in Memphis…hope to find out soon…)