Grammy time.

on February 4, 2010 in Dreams Coming True, Sounds good to me. with 27 comments by

Ok. Let’s do this.

Let’s talk Grammys.

There is no way. Absolutely no way. For me to do justice to the event. I’m not going to go hour by hour telling you all the people we saw and hung out with, the things we ate [though I am talking about that at Annie Gets Fit today] and the places we went.

But I am going to show a few pics and give out a few Gr-Annies of my own. [I will not be giving any of these Gr-Annies to the members of Lady A- they already got a Grammy. So don’t think I don’t love my people. Cause sheesh. I do.]

Gr-Annie for “being every bit as beautiful in real life as she is on television” = Lea Michele from Glee.

Gr-Annie for “wow the TV really, uh, makes you look great” = Kathy Griffin

Gr-Annie for “celebrity that made me laugh the most from stage” = Jack Black

Gr-Annie for “celebrity that made me laugh the most in person” = Dierks Bentley

Gr-Annie for “I hope we’re friends forever” = Miranda Lambert

Gr-Annie for “coolest person I saw up close” = Elton John

Here are some things that I absolutely loved:

• Breakfast. Every morning, Hill and Lara and I would order room service and they had an awesome egg white wrap- spinach wrap around an egg white, black bean, and grilled chicken mix. Oh. My. Gracious. It was delicious.
  • Having a driver. Nothing wrong with not having to worry about getting lost.
  • The red carpet. I will not lie. Being there was awesome.
  • The live performances. They were amazing.
  • Lady Antebellum WINNING A GRAMMY. Y’all. We were out of control. And they so deserved it. They are pretty close to taking over the world. I hope you’re ready to bow to the Lady A.

Here are some pictures:

Here is Lady A being interviewed a few days before the Grammys. This was an interesting experience- radio and television crews were set up all over the room and musicians just were led from one media outlet to another. It was cool.

Duh. I got a talent sticker. You had to have one of these to get into the rehearsals. Don’t worry- I saved them all. Obviously.

This was at rehearsals. I wasn’t supposed to take pictures. I even got yelled at by a security guy. I’m such a rebel when it comes to what I’ll do for my blog readers.

Here is Hillary and I after the first event, MusiCares. I don’t know if you’ve heard of this organization, but it’s awesome. If a musician gets in financial trouble, or needs rehab or medical bill assistance, they can apply to MusiCares for help. I was really impressed. This is where Jack Black was the host and y’all. Every bit as funny in real life. Every bit.

Here is me and Hillary on the red carpet. I’m not really this short- she is in some serious heels and [don’t tell my stylist friend Amber] I am in flats. Y’all. I just couldn’t do it again. My dogs were barking a pitiful tune by Sunday. So I broke every style rule and wore flats to the Grammys. Sorry, but I’m not sorry. It was the best decision ever.

Here are Adam and Dave on the red carpet. Adam is a dear friend and he is the video guy for Lady A. So if you’ve ever seen a Webisode Wednesday, those are all Adam’s work. He’s awesome. Dave is also a good friend and he’s in Lady A. [I have no pictures of Charles and his wife Cassie which is a tragedy of epic proportion.]

Also, because I don’t quit being me [i.e- flats], when Hillary said “Wow, your eyeshadow looks awesome,” I said, “Really? Prove it.” So I closed my eye cause, can you blame me, I wanted to see it.

I know. I’m an idiot.

And finally. I have to say. I cannot begin to thank Hillary enough. The idea that she would even invite me. It’s really so so kind. And the rest of the Lady A family. They worked hard to make me feel like I was just one of them. They are all wonderful and I’m about to get all teary and tore up about it. I could not have had more fun and I could not love them any more than I do right now.

Ok. Enough softy business.

Final thing: Do you have any questions? I feel like maybe there is some stuff y’all want to know about the Grammys. I dunno. If there is a burning question, leave it in the comments and I’ll do my best to answer in a post tomorrow.

1. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:36 AM  |  reply

FUN times! And can I say that you looked beautiful? Your eye make-up totally made your eyes pop, your hair looks AMAZING and I am totally loving the color of your dress.

And more than likely no one saw your shoes because of your long dress. That is definitely NOT as bad as the mother of the woman who was crowned Miss America the other night who was wearing bright white tennis shoes with her formal outfit!

2. Face
    posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:43 AM  |  reply

Questions
    Were you ever within touching distance of Beyonce?
    Who did you sit with?
    Were there other not-quite-as-famous people there with celebrities?

Baby is crying– I know I’ll think of more….

3. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:57 AM  |  reply

You looked amazing! Your hair is gorgeous and your eyeshadow was perfect πŸ™‚ Loved this post!

4. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 7:29 AM  |  reply

Thanks for filling us in on the Grammys. I love your Gr-Annie awards, too. Miranda Lambert was a fave, huh?

5. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 7:36 AM  |  reply

You look stunning.

I love your recap. Thanks SO much for bringing us all behind the scenes.

So fun!

6. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 9:20 AM  |  reply

You looked AMAZING…congrats on having such a fab time. I wanna know how Hillary felt about having a curtain dropped on her head. That clip even made some talk shows.

7. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

You looked absolutely GORGEOUS. Wow, what a stunner!

Was Blake Shelton there with Miranda Lambert? Because he’s from Oklahoma and I’m from Oklahoma, and you know, we Okies kinda look out for each other, ya know? πŸ˜‰

So glad you had a good time!

8. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 10:37 AM  |  reply

When I saw the absolutely gorgeous picture of you and Hillary on the red carpet, my first thought was that your eye shadow was awesome.

I’m totally stoked you would take a specific picture of it. It’s awesome! πŸ™‚

Flats to the Grammy’s? Your eyeshadow totally kept people from looking any lower.

Question, what after parties did you go to? Did you see Reba?

9. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

I saw you on TV and I was so excited! You looked totes gorg!

Did you see the Jonas Brothers up close? (Yes, I’m 20 but I shamelessly love them!)

10. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 11:30 AM  |  reply

You looked fantastic Annie! Now, to the important stuff….
    1. Did you get wet when Pink performed?
    2. Which performance did you like most?
    3. Explain in excruciating detail exactly what it was like to be so close to the Kings of Leon. Did you have to restrain yourself from touching their hair? Are they really as beautiful as I suspect? And did they spontaneously break into song at any point in time (because that’s what they do in my head)?

Thank you!!!

11. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 11:33 AM  |  reply

How. Stinkin. Awesome. Love the Grannies!!! Your eyeshadow did look awesome! As did your hair! and dress! And go on being a rebel who wore flats and snuck pictures during rehearsal! Sounds like you had a fantastic time! Thanks for sharing!

12. Meredith
    posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 11:51 AM  |  reply

Thanks for sharing Annie! Love the Grannies! I’m going to watch the Grammy’s tonight at David’s since I didn’t get to see them on Sunday since I was on a flight back to CLE. Can’t wait to see your red carpet premiere! I’m so excited!

My friends here at Smucker want to know…
    1. What was in the goodie bags??? …down to the details!
    2. Is Beyonce as gorgeous and perfectly tone as she looks? Who was that kid who was with her and JayZ?
    3. Who was the biggest celebrity disappointment? Who was the biggest dork? Biggest jerk? (okay maybe you won’t want to answer those…)
    4. How can i land a date with Dierks Bentley? I let her know he’s married to his HS sweetheart. She had to go home she was so sick. πŸ˜‰

13. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 1:19 PM  |  reply

OMG YES!!! I ditto what Meredith said above….WHAT WAS IN THOSE FAMOUSLY AWESOME GOODIE BAGS???!!

2. Did you ever get close enough to touch Ryan Secrest or Guiliana Rancic?
    3. Did you going to the bathroom during the Grammys? If so, did someone fill your seat while you were gone?
    4. Did you get to meet and/or touch Carrie Underwood? (since she’s in those country circles with Lady A!)
    5. Did you have any Britney or Justin spottings?

Thanks for sharing the recap! I still can’t get over that you were THERE! AT the GRAMMY’S! So awesome.

14. Kristi Kay
    posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 2:11 PM  |  reply

DIERKS BENTLEY.

Taylor Swift? Is she really as cute/likable in person?

I am not surprised at all about Jack Black…he would be one that I’d like to hang out with.

15. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 2:37 PM  |  reply

Thanks for the Grammy update! It’s awesome to hear about your experience. I love Lady A and am totally excited that all this is happening for them. And it’s obviously awesome that you got to do this.

But…DIERKS BENTLEY? You got to spend enough time with Dierks Bentley that he made you laugh? Girl…I’m just seriously jealous and I need to go pray for my envious self now. πŸ˜‰ I have one true celebrity crush and that boy is it.

Which performance, other than Lady A, since we know they’re awesome, was your favorite?

16. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 4:05 PM  |  reply

Oh, I love living vicariously through others!!! I’m so glad that you had a fabulous time and that we got to hear all about it!

As for your Gr-Annie’s, I’m so happy Lea Michelle is as gorgeous in person as she is on tv! I thought when she presented that award, wow, she looks even prettier than she normally does!

And Dierks?? My best friend decided when he first came on the scene she was going to name her child that. He’s oh so gorgeous and funny to boot? Lucky wife! πŸ˜‰ One personal comment about Dierks – I was 5 feet (yes 5 feet) from him at a concert. Sophomore year at Ole Miss in the Grove! Back when ‘What was I Thinking?’ was just starting to get big.

Let me just say, maybe not THE best hour and a half of my life, but close!

Thanks again for letting us live the Grammys through you!!! πŸ˜€

17. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 4:06 PM  |  reply

OH, and I agree with all the previous questions in the comments! Every single one of them! Answer those please!!! πŸ˜€

18. tatum
    posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:03 PM  |  reply

you know how i love dierks. did you tell him about this? http://annieblogs.com/2008/05/11/i-love-those-bright-lights-and-country-music/
    i’m sure it was the very first thing you discussed.

you look so dang pretty in all these pictures.

19. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:05 PM  |  reply

Annie, you look gorgeous. Elton John, eh? That would make my night! My husband and I are huge fans.

Thanks for sharing your fun night!

20. posted on Feb 04, 2010 at 6:34 PM  |  reply

Love the Gr-annies, and you look stunning!!!

21. posted on Feb 05, 2010 at 1:11 AM  |  reply

BooMama made a comment about you and since I have been hooked!! Love your blog.

One question…how do you know Lady A?

22. posted on Feb 05, 2010 at 11:10 AM  |  reply

Oh my snap. I have met and hugged and snapped a photo with someone who breathed the same air as Sir Elton. Okay, not really as impressed with that as I am with your wide open heart for Christ. Love you! ps…you’re simply stunning, sweet sister!

23. Abbie
    posted on Feb 05, 2010 at 7:21 PM  |  reply

OK- my questions are for/about Hillery
    1. Do they teach you how to pose? If so, what is the trick?
    2. What is her style secret- she always looks amazing and her outfits are so flattering.
    3. Kudos for not letting the curtain incident phase her one bit.
    4. What was it like spending the night with a grammy winner? I bet y’all were so silly!

24. margaret Kirkland
    posted on Feb 05, 2010 at 7:38 PM  |  reply

You looked simply mahvelous, Darlin!!! Beautiful eyes! What a dynamite trip!!! So happy for you! More to come, I”m sure!

25. posted on Feb 08, 2010 at 3:45 PM  |  reply

Very, very cool! You look beautiful Annie!!

26. sara beth
    posted on Feb 08, 2010 at 10:29 PM  |  reply

Ahhh…..Annie. Hearing you write makes me wish I were in Nashvegas hearing you talk. I am OBSESSED with the Gr-Annies. Laughing out loud at these as I look out my New York apt window (that you will see come Spring when you come visit with Annie & Amber or Hillary – whoever comes first.) Or all together. BTW, I’m following you on Twitter and between FB, tweeting and blogging I have become seriously ADD (Annie Downs Dependant.) xxsb

27. posted on Feb 09, 2010 at 12:44 AM  |  reply

I just only wish that Hillary was MEEEEE!!
    So glad you had an awesome time. We had just as awesome of a time in Nashvegas, right? RIGHT? OK, then. I’ll settle for second place.