Psalm 91

on February 21, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 6 comments by

Psalm 91 (New International Version)

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

3 Surely He will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.

4 He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day,6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.

7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.

8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

9 If you make the Most High your dwelling”” even the LORD, who is my refuge-10 then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.

11 For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.

13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

14 “Because he loves me,” says the LORD, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”

1. posted on Feb 21, 2010 at 6:06 AM  |  reply

One of my favorite Psalms. Thank you for allowing me to reflect on it. Verses 4 and 9 really speak to me today.

2. posted on Feb 21, 2010 at 3:12 PM  |  reply

verse 2. AMEN!

3. posted on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM  |  reply

Wow, I just read your recent posts. Sounds like a lot to be going through. Sorry you’re feeling so yucky. I’ll be praying for you. 🙂

Hugs,
    Deb
    PS: I found your blog through BJ Hamrick’s.

4. posted on Feb 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM  |  reply

God is MY refuge. Thanks for posting the chapter; it’s a great reminder for me. 🙂

5. posted on Feb 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM  |  reply

This is the Psalm I prayed over my husband and family the year he was deployed to Iraq. Love it!

6. posted on Feb 22, 2010 at 11:09 PM  |  reply

I just read your In Courage post about “the bucket” and was disappointed when I couldn’t post a comment and then *light bulb* I clicked on over to your blog and lo and behold, one of my favorite Psalms jumps up! OK, my comment re: “the bucket.” We (hubbs and I)are currently serving as chaplains at an RV resort in the Arizona desert valley (nice, nice, nice weather… sorry) and just last night was the annual Spring Concert where a couple did a hilarious “My Bucket’s Got a Hole In It” song/skit. I mean, really, what are the chances of that happening???
    For commenter Kelley: This is the Psalm that I pray for all those service men and women… that they would be saved and be covered by the protective promises of Psalm 91. God was faithful, wasn’t He!

Enjoyed your writings, Annie!