Cauliflower Soup

on March 5, 2010 in Get Fit, That's delish. with 7 comments by

First of all, I am watching Jimmy Fallon and he has reunited the cast of California Dreams. And if you think I’m clapping and singing along to the theme song, you know me well. I’ll admit, I have serious questions about the current life status of some of these cast members, but if they would have known ME in 1988, they would have so questions about my current life as well. So.

I have a favorite soup. That is actually good for you. And absolutely ridiculously easy. And with winter ending soon [please, God, can winter end soon?], I thought I better offer this recipe to you now while you still have the chance. Cause it’s March, people. It might be about time to dust off your flip-flops.

I’m going attempt to avoid writing another pointless paragraph and just give you the recipe.

[By the way, I just went to the kitchen to get the family cookbook and came back with a bowl of granola and milk. I sat down at the computer and realized I grabbed a snack and forgot the book. Classy.]

CAULIFLOWER SOUP

[Now, you may love or hate cauliflower, but I promise you will love this soup. Trust me. It’s cheap and easy to make. If you hate it, oh well. Not a lot of time or money lost.]

Ingredients:

• 2 bags of frozen cauliflower
  • 32 oz box of chicken broth
  • 3 T ranch dressing mix
[Seriously. That’s like $8 maybe. Sheesh.]

Combine all the ingredients. Cook until tender. Puree with an immersion blender.

[Seriously. That’s like 12 minutes maybe. Sheesh.]

It makes 4-5 servings that are each like 80 calories. That. Is. Crazy. Low.

When you are done, it looks just like potato soup- it has the same consistency. That says one thing to me– “ADD CHEESE PLEASE.”

So I usually do. Add a little cheese, some turkey bacon, and you’ve got yourself a great low cal meal.

Speaking of low cal, there’s a new post up at the Annie Gets Fit blog. We are 6 weeks in and I can’t tell you how much I’ve lost, but you better love me while you can, cause I am disappearing in front of your very eyes.

Happy Friday. Heart you, bloggites.

1. posted on Mar 05, 2010 at 4:09 AM  |  reply

Mmm, yum. I bet I could put that in a Crock-Pot.

2. posted on Mar 05, 2010 at 9:37 AM  |  reply

I’m not sure if I trust cauliflower in soup or not, but you haven’t steered me wrong yet so I might have to try it. You need to go to the Rachael Ray show website and look up the tortellini soup recipe. It’s my new favorite “go-to” for a quick, lower fat meal (I substitute the chicken stock with chicken broth and it’s still yummy). So glad you’re helping me continue on this journey with you. Keep up the good work!

3. posted on Mar 05, 2010 at 9:54 AM  |  reply

Cauliflower? Annie, I trust you when it comes to many things, especially folding fitted sheets, but… cauliflower?

4. posted on Mar 05, 2010 at 10:50 AM  |  reply

Ok this sounds really gross, but It does sound easy so I may have to just trust you and give it a try. 🙂

5. Debs
    posted on Mar 05, 2010 at 1:16 PM  |  reply

Yummo! That sounds really great ..and I love quick and easy! Sounds like you are doing great with the get fit! I am proud of you! 🙂

6. posted on Mar 09, 2010 at 3:26 PM  |  reply

Hi Annie! I found your blog via your awesome friend, Dave Barnes..I think he tweeted at you one day & I read your twitter or something. I forget? Somehow, all you Nashville folk are all friends.

Anyway, I am saddened you only briefly touched upon the Jimmy Fallon California Dreams Reunion show. I think by far, it has been one of the finest moments on television this year.

Also, who knew Sly was still so ripped?

Been listening to this ever since then:

Have a great day! I am going to add this blog to my favorites.

Mickie 🙂

7. posted on Mar 09, 2010 at 3:28 PM  |  reply

I guess your comments won’t let me embed. But here is some awesomeness from California Dreams!