These are a few of my favorite things.

on June 4, 2010 in AnnieWrites, I heart books., Ze Bloggy Goodness with 11 comments by

I just have to make a list.

You know how I feel about lists.

— I just finished reading the third book in Mary DeMuth’s Defiance Texas Triology. It’s called Life in Defiance and I am telling y’all, this has been one of the most enjoyable series I have read in a while. I highly HIGHLY recommend it.

— I’m rather fiction spoiled right now. I also just read Hurricanes in Paradise by my friend Denise Hildreth. I’ve always loved her stuff, and this new book did not disappoint. I laughed, I teared up, I wanted to go to the beach. Amen.

— I’m writing today over at (in)courage about this picture. Check it out, yo.

And yes, I did take this picture at Frothy Monkey. Of course. Because I love Frothy. In fact, I’m headed there in approximately 9 minutes. Then I’m going to the YMCA. Even though I walked out of a sculpt class yesterday- the teacher was mean, so I peaced out.

Tangent complete.

— Donald Miller directed me to this blog a few months and now I’m addicted. Kelle Hampton takes beautiful pictures; her art is her photos and her words. You need to read the post about her daughter Nella Cordelia. That will be enough to make you want more.

— The other blog I’m a newish fan of is Natalie Lloyd. I’ve known Natalie for a long time via Susie Magazine, but I just recently began reading her blog and there is a real chance that we share some parts of our brains. I don’t know the science behind it, I just know that sometime we think the same things. So if you like me a little bit, I bet you’ll like her more.

And for today, I think that is enough.

Happy Friday.

Booyah.

1. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 8:53 AM  |  reply

Love the photo. And loved your article today.

2. Camille
    posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 9:30 AM  |  reply

I have been addicted to Kelle Hampton’s blog too! I love the picture of her children and little Nella-well it goes without saying that I could just eat her up with a spoon. I could stare at her all day!

3. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

i just found kelle’s blog last weekend, and it is just beautiful. πŸ™‚

Hope you have a great weekend Annie!

4. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

Can I just tell you that your article on (In)Courage was amazing today. So, I loved it so much I had to come read your blog, and now you are in my favorites! ABLE that is going to be my family’s word of the week. Your writing is wonderful. I have so much to catch up on. Thanks so much.
    M

5. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 11:07 AM  |  reply

Read your (In)Courage post and loved it.

I’m on the waiting list at the local library for Denise’s book. Even though I put my name on the list before it came out since I live in her hometown her book is in demand. I think I’m at number 4 right now.

Love Kelle’s blog. Kristen at We Are THAT Family linked to it right after Nella’s birth. I was hooked. Her photography alone is enough to pull me in.

Going to Natalie’s blog now ’cause if she’s anything like you I’m gonna love her. πŸ˜‰

You’ve got me listing, too.
    Have a great weekend!

6. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 2:09 PM  |  reply

You are way too sweet! You forgot to mention I blog-stalked you and your awesome ways for-ev-er before I actually said hi πŸ™‚ Thanks for the shout out. I’d never heard of Kellie’s blog but I can already see addiction in my future.

7. posted on Jun 04, 2010 at 3:41 PM  |  reply

Wow! An “able” stone. Talk about God’s timing. He IS able. Loved your post at [in]courage. πŸ™‚

8. posted on Jun 05, 2010 at 12:23 AM  |  reply

Wow. Just spent HOURS on Kelle Hampton’s blog. Thanks for sharing. The story of Nella was amazing.

9. Lynn
    posted on Jun 08, 2010 at 12:38 AM  |  reply

I can’t bear the small type on that blog you recommended. Yours is SO much better (readable). Glad I found you!

10. Lynn
    posted on Jun 08, 2010 at 12:40 AM  |  reply

I was referring to Natalie Lloyd’s blog…not Kellie’s.

11. posted on Sep 21, 2010 at 3:30 PM  |  reply

I knew I liked you for a reason. And now I know why you showed up in my Reader suggestions… Natalie Lloyd. I’ve read her stuff for years and years. πŸ™‚

This makes me happy.