Fleece twins.

on December 16, 2010 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 29 comments by

I grabbed lunch this week with Mandy and her two boys and Alison and her two girls.

It was a full table at Chick-fil-A.

It was a fun table at Chick-fil-A.

And one time, when Alison was telling me a story, she was talking so loud and excitedly that another patron at the restaurant shushed us.

In public.

Someone shushed us.

That’s funny.

It was a great lunch. While the two girls and Mandy’s eldest son played in the indoor playground, the three of us sat at the table and talked and maybe I cried and Amos sat quietly with us.

Look how cute he is! Bless his heart, the other children were able to escape my desire to photograph cute kids, but Amos has no shoes. He also isn’t able to walk, so he couldn’t get away. So there he sat. In a onesie with grey fleece pants.

I said, “wait a minute, Mandy. I actually have that same outfit.”

And whether this is the most embarrassing blog moment in my life or not, it is pretty funny that I can imitate a one year-old’s clothing in my own closet. So I’m going for it.

Yep. I own a onesie. Yep. I own grey fleece pants. Nope. This is not the most flattering portrait ever taken of me, but I’m not trying to get you to marry me. I’m just trying to show you my infant pajama collection.

[By the way, of course I own grey fleece pants. You could dress me in fleece from head to toe (From Head to Foot?) for three days straight and not repeat a piece of clothing. I’m not saying that to brag. I’m asking for a fleece intervention.]

And yep, it is totally cool to wear pants over a onesie.

I sense you judging me.

I can’t blame you. This whole fleece confession may have been a mistake.

. . . . . . . . . .

Today my dear friend Emily is giving away FOUR AUTOGRAPHED COPIES! of my book. [And her post made me cry because sometimes God gives you friends that you totally don’t deserve, who fight in your corner no matter what, and who let you stay in their house until your heart feels better. Emily is one of those friends for me.]

Anyways, if you haven’t gotten the book yet, go try to win. I mean, I know you are a winner. Now go prove it, my friend.

1. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:47 AM  |  reply

I wondered what happened to the red, monkey footed PJs! I entered Emily’s giveaway. Such a sweet promotion of your book. You deserve every word of it. Love.

2. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

At least Amos had a straw paper to play with.

3. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:30 AM  |  reply

I’m one of those “silent” readers..but this made me click through. I just love you more because of this fantabulous blog. It’s true, I do!

4. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM  |  reply

so funny!

5. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:31 AM  |  reply

Oh my dang! That is hilarious! (and you are one brave woman!)

6. Bianca
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM  |  reply

Dear Lord,

Allow me to fly to nashvile for some fashion inter mention for my friend, Annie. She needs serious prayer time to rebuke the fleece demon which torment her closet.

In the name of Jesus,
    Amen

7. Bianca
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:48 AM  |  reply

Ugh!!! I’m typing on my phone in traffic on my way to work. Forgive my spelling errors!

8. Annie
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:53 AM  |  reply

B, I don’t wear it in public… anymore. My friend Amber has broken that curse. But here at the house? It’s a fleecefest.
    Also praying that the Lord would allow you to fly to Nash. πŸ™‚

9. Son
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:00 AM  |  reply

As I was about to leave a comment, Rock saw your picture on the screen and started screaming NANNIE NANNIE. Kills me every time.

And this post is funny in the best sort of way. I think you should dress up as a baby next halloween…or everyday…whatever.

10. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:03 AM  |  reply

So…this is hilarious and I had to comment. I haven’t been able to keep up with your blog these days, but I love it every time I’m able to stop by. I ordered one of your gift packages for Santa to bring me for Christmas, but it sounds like Santa may need to come a little early for me πŸ˜‰ Also, I ordered it without even really knowing what your book was about…that’s how I roll! Anyway, it sounds like it may be just as/more appropriate for Santa to bring it to my 16-year-old foster daughter?! She’s not that into reading, but what else will she do over Christmas break?! πŸ˜‰

Thanks for keeping me laughing. Next time I come to Nashville, I totally want to hang out with you πŸ˜‰

I don’t own any fleece, but you make me want some.
    Take care.

11. Merideth
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM  |  reply

You crack me up Annie! Bianca’s prayer above also cracked me up! Too awesome!

12. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 11:02 AM  |  reply

ha ha…I LOVE YOU!!! YOu are a woman of your word. Cant believe you did it. Now its official that many people ( because you are a famous blogger) know i was too lazy to change Amos out of his pajamas that day…and that you are the coolest chick. I WOULD WANT TO MARRY you if i were a boy and wasnt in love with Kevin…. because you are that cool to #1 own a onsie/footie pajama set and #2 wear it in this blog and make us all laugh.

13. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 12:07 PM  |  reply

Annie…Annie…Annie… πŸ™‚

This made me laugh! Not AT you, but at the fact that I have similar snuggly “just-for-home” outfits.

Thanks for keepin’ it real, girl!
    You brought a smile to this face this morning. πŸ™‚

14. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:17 PM  |  reply

I know what you mean about those friends you don’t deserve. I have more than one which is more than I could have asked for.

A fellow fleece-lover and onesie-owner,
    Jennifer

15. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:51 PM  |  reply

I wear fleece from November to February…it’s ok…haha :o)

Got your package today and I am sooo happy! It is snowing here, so I am in for the day and reading you book! I will post a review on my blog when I am finished :o)

And thank you for your sweet note! Love the cute button rings, too! They are adorable!!!

Blessings to you, Annie! You are awesome and I am glad to know you in real life, too! :o)

16. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 4:34 PM  |  reply

I think even the greatest fashion divas have moments of wanting to sit on the couch in an adult one size fits all onsie and bask in three things 1) the warmth 2) we are free from giving a damn for that moment 3)and the endless elasticity that gives way to even more Chick fil a nuggets!!
    Girl, way to be authentic…we all have that kind of ridiculous fashion pic stored somewhere:)

17. Christy
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:49 PM  |  reply

I just found your blog, so this is the first post I’ve read of yours. It was a really great place to start, I think I’m gonna like it here.

18. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

Annie, this is hilarious! I am more than willing to help with the fleece intervention if needed.

19. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 8:07 PM  |  reply

Annie,
    Bounced over from Emily’s, and I must say…your book sounds AMAZING! Glad to discover you here.

20. Erin
    posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:19 PM  |  reply

One time my college roommates and I all bought onesies and took our Christmas picture in it. People loved it.

21. posted on Dec 16, 2010 at 9:29 PM  |  reply

Annie, yet another reason why I think you are the raddest chick ever. Yes, I typed rad. At least I did not type bitchin!(the 80’s word meaning..well rad) Which you totally are, btw.

22. posted on Dec 17, 2010 at 12:39 AM  |  reply

Oh my goodness Annie that was so funny!! I am dying here! Thank you for your sense of humor!

23. posted on Dec 17, 2010 at 1:18 AM  |  reply

I love you Annie! (Even though I barely know you.) It’s a “Love at first sight of the cover of your book on Emily’s blog (that I “looked inside!” of at Amazon and loved what I read)” kind of love. I assume you know what I mean because I’m just SURE that in heaven we’re going to be friends. : ) TOTALLY want to get your book for my youth group girls. And I know I’ll be blessed by it too. Thank you for being brave enough to write it. Bless you, sister!!!

24. posted on Dec 17, 2010 at 4:32 AM  |  reply

full fleece. Epic.

25. posted on Dec 17, 2010 at 10:11 AM  |  reply

I came back today…just to see this one more time.

26. posted on Dec 17, 2010 at 3:49 PM  |  reply

i love every.single.thing about this post. like Mandy, I love that you followed up on your proclamation. so many things are 100% awesome – your pic. your love of fleece. that lunch at Chick-Fil-A. aaaaand you.

27. posted on Dec 18, 2010 at 12:05 AM  |  reply

funny. on wednesday katie and i discovered that she and baylor (her 1-year old nanny-child) have the same hat. http://hfrees.blogspot.com/2010/12/friday-photos-8.html

28. posted on Dec 28, 2010 at 4:32 PM  |  reply

OMG, friend, you totally crack me up!

29. posted on Dec 30, 2010 at 9:00 AM  |  reply

I love, love, love this post. What a riot! “Nope. This is not the most flattering portrait ever taken of me, but I’m not trying to get you to marry me.” What a great line! Love your humor and your courage, girl! Enjoy your day!