My Christmas is now your Christmas.

on January 11, 2011 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 7 comments by

I got two gifts this Christmas that I just must tell you about. I love them and you have the chance to love them as well.

[These gifts were not given as a “will you blog about me?” gift. These were real gifts. From the Magi. I’m kidding. I’m not Jesus. But I thought that was funny. Maybe not…]

VARSITY LETTERS

Santa provided this first gift in my stocking. And after having to spend last evening cheering for Auburn because they are the SEC team, it was nice to snuggle into my bed and see this pretty letters….

straight from UGA’s campus! How cool is that? They have photographed letters on multiple campuses around the southeast, and will continue to expand. I think these are awesome and I love my Dawgs.

Hop over there and check it out– especially if you know someone graduating this spring or an Auburn fan [barf] or if you just like pretty photographs of abstract letters.

Interesting sidenote: I knew a guy in college who always used “godawgssicem” as his password. That is too long and doesn’t have numbers or characters, so it wouldn’t be effective now. But isn’t that weird? Easy to remember if you go to Georgia though. GO DAWGS SIC EM!

I hope he doesn’t mind me telling you that.

. . . . . . . . . .

HOPE SEWN JOURNALS

I got home one night in December from a very romantic dinner date [complete lie] and sitting on my porch was a sweet little Christmas gift.

I opened it and immediately recognized that bird!

MR. DARCY!!

Sweet Hollie had made me one of her Hope Sewn Journals with my own personal bird! I was thrilled. I think her journals are absolutely beautiful and I thought you may want to know that she has her own Etsy Store and you can get a journal too.

I’m a maj picky journal person. Just ask my sister Sally who still is a bit scarred by the Journal Gifting Incident of 2003 involving she and I and Christmas and a unlined journal. But with this trip to Scotland next week, and having officially stalled out on my current journal [know what I mean?], I will start writing in my Hope Sewn journal this week.

You know, writing things like:

“This is gonna be so fun!”

“I DON’T WANNA GO! I’M SCARED!”

“Scotland is going to be the coolest experience ever.”

“Scotland is a terrible idea. Why don’t you just stay HOME?!?”

You know, the typical ‘under-this-awesome-is-a-massive-pile-of-scary’ journal entries.

Ooookkkaayy…. this fun and cool gift blog post just took a sudden left turn into my scary place. So we’ll stop here for today.  [I’m gonna talk about my minor Scotland freak outs later this week, don’t you worry about that. Just not right now.]

See y’all tomorrow.

1. posted on Jan 11, 2011 at 10:36 AM  |  reply

Ooh Annie I LOVE new journals. Except, once the word got out that I was a chronic journaler, that is THEE Popular Maria gift. So I think my next 1,000,000 journals are already sitting on my bookshelf, waiting.

On an unrelated note, want a few blank journals?

2. posted on Jan 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM  |  reply

SO love that journal. and i am so so happy for you and your trip/journey to scotland. can’t wait to see it thru your eyes.

miss you.

3. posted on Jan 11, 2011 at 1:42 PM  |  reply

Annie- will be praying about your time in Scotland. Go get ’em, girl! God has good things in store there. Take the land He has for you there! Praying His sweet voice and presence accompany you there each and every day. I love reading about Annie every day in my little corner of the world-wide web 🙂 Cheering you on and hoping your trip exceeds all your expectations!

4. Laura
    posted on Jan 11, 2011 at 5:55 PM  |  reply

Mr. Darcy is sooo kewl!! 😀

5. posted on Jan 11, 2011 at 7:03 PM  |  reply

Mr. Darcy!!! Love it! I totally understand the pre-trip freak outs. I had my own prior to going to South Africa for a month by myself. Well, not technically. But without my husband and with a group of 25 strangers! I actually considered bailing 2 days prior to the trip. And I was a bit concerned that the overwhelming redness in my eyes from the complete bawling-like-a-baby I did would results in the passport takers to turn me down because I looked nothing like my photo. 🙂 I cannot wait to hear about your trip. It WILL be awesome! And if you weren’t freaking out, you wouldn’t be normal. 🙂

6. posted on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM  |  reply

I don’t know what i LOOVVEE better the journal..or the mention of the name Mr.Darcy..as his name puts hearts into my eyes every time..
    journal away,sista…words keep most of us from leaking out sideways:)

oh and pllleeassee journal about Scotland–maybe we can all live vicariously through your adventure as we muddle through january!

7. posted on Jan 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM  |  reply

okay….first time at your blog. came around via incourage today. downloaded your book to my kindle (kendal’s kindle!). i like your style. can’t wait to read your book. will visit here often.