Last day in Scotland.

on February 15, 2011 in Scotland with 8 comments by

It’s my last day here.

I can’t believe that is even true. It has flown by and yet it feels like many-a-moon ago that I was in Nashville.

I insist on apologizing again for my lack of blogging.

I just don’t have anything to say.

The serious stuff sounds cheesy and to just tell you funny stories seems trite.

I still have some great experiences to share- like my FIRST EVER professional soccer game [though I have been chastised for saying “soccer” instead of “football“] and a weekend with great friends in Stewarton and the fact that I’ve watched the entire season of Downton Abbey.

I have videos that I just found on my camera of the high school bible study group eating haggis pizza and a collection of short films from them titled “Annie left her camera here so we’re going to make movies.” It’s a strong showing.

I have one fully packed suitcase, one partially packed suitcase, and one slightly over sized carry-on that might cause a hiccup in travel.

So I have all the goods for a few days worth of quality bloggerificness.

Here’s how I see it. I’ll get home tomorrow, rest up a bit, then on Thursday I’ll finish uploading pictures. I’ll blog like a mad blog lady, showing you all the sights from the last week or so.

But for today, I’ve got nothing [except apparently 300 words explaining that I have nothing to say].

[Welcome to the world of a painfully extroverted extrovert.]

So today I’ll hang out with some friends and finish up packing. Then I’ll hop the train into Edinburgh and probably listen to something gloomy and dramatic on my headphones while I stare out the window and the passing scenery.

[Welcome to the world of a dramatic extrovert.]

This has been an amazing month. Many other adjectives fit there are well, the good and the bad, but for today, amazing feels right.

I can’t get this line out of my head from Andrew Peterson’s song Many Roads. If I could say just one thing about this trip [laughable- have you met me?], I think these lyrics sum it up:

“And your many hopes

and your many fears

were meant to bring you here

all along…”

1. posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 7:38 AM  |  reply

I have that exact mental image of you on the train. Hopes and fears. You said a ton in this post about not having anything to say.

2. posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:27 AM  |  reply

Oh Annie, as much as we’ve missed you blogging. We wouldn’t have it any other way 😉

And I must go listen to this Peterson fellow because there’s nothing I appreciate more than a good lyric. 🙂

Safe travels dear!

3. posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 3:37 PM  |  reply

A couple of suggestions for the train ride:

1) Travis – The Man Who

or

2) Keane – Hopes and Fears

4. Sheila
    posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:02 PM  |  reply

Amazing. I can’t wait to hear more about what the Lord has been doing in your life while in Scotland! So exciting Annie! 🙂

God bless,
    Sheila

5. posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 8:04 PM  |  reply

Wow, Annie! Time has flown. I can’t believe it’s your last day there. I’m looking forward to hearing about how your time in Scotland has impacted you.

6. posted on Feb 15, 2011 at 10:45 PM  |  reply

Oh, friend. Look forward to hearing more and more, in your time. I love that you went, and I love that you’re coming back.

7. Tammy
    posted on Feb 16, 2011 at 3:34 PM  |  reply

Annie,

I stumbled upon your blog and other sites because I was looking for a woman with the same name that I met once before. She was an up and coming country singer. I wanted to see if she ever made it. I am blessed that instead I ran into your sites. Your blog is interesting even if you are only telling us how you have nothing to talk about. I look forward to reading more of your material.

8. posted on Feb 18, 2011 at 12:21 PM  |  reply

Downton Abbey is GREAT!! But can you believe that we have to wait until they CREATE the next season?! For some reason, i just assumed that a historical period would have to be history, as in PAST TENSE, as in, gimme the next episode?!! If you liked it, I have another one that is crazy good – my new favorite – CRANFORD. All I can say is there’s a cat and a lace doily…and it’s good. :)Happy unpacking, and if your jet lag has you bouncing off the walls at 1:00 a.m., I suggest Cranford (not to go to sleep, just for the sheer pleasure of it!). -Karen