Questions for me.

on March 23, 2011 in (in)courage, AnnieWrites with 18 comments by

Sorry I have been bloggy absent. I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed by The Camera Incident of 2011 and the fact that in the last five days I have located TWO GRAY HAIRS on the crown of my head.

TWO.

Meaning that as of today, I am officially older than I feel, act, or admit.

[Kidding. I’m 30. I promise. And proud of it.]

I kept the first gray hair. It is in my change purse and I keep showing it off. Gross or not, it’s my life.

Now. Less about me, more about you.

I need your help.

Next week, I am the featured author on the (in)courage Bloom Book Club [squeal!yay!woot!]. And I’m just wondering if there are any questions you’d like me to answer…. like, you can interview me. I mean, I could just interview myself- I’ve done it before– but before I do that, I figured I’d check with you.

Anything you’d like to know about:

• the book
  • the process of writing my book
  • blogging
  • Nashville
  • my dating life [answer: like the Lochness Monster- I believe it exists, but it is just hard to see]
  • Nail polish colors
  • future plans
  • past mistakes [answer: be gentle.]
  • what’s next for my writing
  • my middle name
  • my favorite things
  • anything else that has been burning in your soul

If you can’t come up with anything, I’ll be forced to interview myself and it always ends up getting way more volatile than I intend.

Help me? Help me help you? Help me help you help me?

Amen.

1. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:45 PM  |  reply

Sorry for your grays.

And I’ve wondered what the F stood for. My guess is Francesca. Weird. I don’t know why I think that. Anyway…ummmm…this comment is pointless because I don’t have a question. I’m thinking how did you get all these crazy cool opportunities to do what you’ve done but the answer is simple, it’s God. (I’m thinking, that your BFFs with Hillary. And Dave. And Matt. And…other cool people. And…other things. I dunno.) This comment has become way too long. Stopping now.

I’ll try to come up with some decent questions. 😉

2. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 4:46 PM  |  reply

How do you cram all that graham?

or more importantly. Have you decided where you want to live (for now)?

3. Cara Davis
    posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:02 PM  |  reply

Tell us about your involvement with help-portrait 😉

4. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 5:18 PM  |  reply

How did you know when you were finished writing your book? How long did the whole process take you? What was the best part of that journey and what was the most frustrating part of said book-writing journey? 🙂

5. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 6:06 PM  |  reply

Oooooh! Yay! I was so going to ask what you middle name is…haha!

6. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 9:13 PM  |  reply

If you could do ONE thing differently in life, what would it be and why?

What was your greatest moral failure?

If you has one last meal on this great earth, what would it be?

I love you. That is all.

7. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 9:30 PM  |  reply

Since I also live in NashVegas, I’d like to hear about your favorite places or things to do here. Why do you like living here- besides the people? And I’m always interested in hearing about people’s writing process and the road to publishing. I know you’ve shared a lot about it here but I figure you haven’t shared everything. In fact, someday I’m hoping to pick your brain about the self-publishing process.

8. posted on Mar 23, 2011 at 10:28 PM  |  reply

I LOVE the dating-Loch-Ness-monster reference. Can I steal that? I would love to say that when well-meaning people ask about my love life!

Questions:
    – What is your favorite go-to movie? The one you put in just to make yourself smile.
    – Waffles or Pancakes?
    – What is one of your pet peeves?
    – If someone gave you $1 million dollars with the requirement that you give it all away/make a difference what would you do with it?
    – Where in the world would you travel to today if money was not an option?

In other news, I am reading your book and absolutely loving it!! I’m already making a list of peeps who I will tell to buy it ASAP!

9. posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 1:32 AM  |  reply

something you wish someone would tell you every day.

10. posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 5:54 AM  |  reply

I just love reading you.

I’d love to hear you speak to writing for a teen audience and how it’s different from writing to a grown up girl audience. Because maybe it isn’t different..but maybe it is?

love. and wishing camera-drying-magic your way. (is it better?)

11. Merideth
    posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 8:00 AM  |  reply

What is the story behind you ending up in Nashville? I know it was God telling you to go, but I was curious about how it came about,and why Nashville specifically. Did you know people there already, or did God specifically say go to Nashville, or what?
    What advice would you give to writers who are trying to do what you are doing? Write a book and get it published. What do you do to help you stay motivated in that creative process? My friend is writing a book,and is struggling with motivation, and really wants to get the book published. Also, if someone wanted to write articles, do you have any recomendations for websites or organizations or places to write for? How did you get to write for (in) courage?
    I probably have more questions, but that’s it for now. Thanks! Congrats on being the author in the spotlight!

12. ali
    posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 9:25 AM  |  reply

Congrats Annie on being the featured authored on (in)courage!! I’m so excited to read your interview. Here are a few questions for you:

What has been your biggest life-changing moment so far?

What is the best advice that you’ve received and who gave you the advice?

How would you describe yourself in 3 words? Why did you choose those 3 words?

You’ve accomplished so much and you seem to constantly set goals for yourself, whether they are spiritual, personal, or professional – How do you go about creating goals for yourself and keep yourself motivated to reach those goals?

What advice do you have for women who want to use social media to develop a brand for themselves and their product (e.g., twitter, facebook, blogs, etc.)

You have fabulous taste in nail color polishes and you aren’t afraid to be bold! Like when you rocked yellow nails during your 1/2 marathon. So, if you could invent a nail color polish – What color would it be and what would it be named?

13. Erin
    posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 9:42 AM  |  reply

How did you know you wanted to be a writer? When did you start? How was the transition from teaching to writing?

14. posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 2:25 PM  |  reply

Annie! I really would like to know your middle name. I always think that I don’t really know someone until I know their middle name and, in this case, well, I still won’t actually KNOW you, but we’ll be one step closer.

15. posted on Mar 24, 2011 at 3:27 PM  |  reply

How do you write? As in, what is your process? What tools do you use? What is your setting when you write (at a desk? with coffee? etc)?

I had a professor in college who always asked that of us English majors; he said all the famous writers get asked that. I always find it fascinating to see how writers work.

16. Ang
    posted on Mar 27, 2011 at 9:46 AM  |  reply

Wow! Thank You SO MUCH! Can I email you privately?

17. posted on Mar 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

I’m bored and blog hopping threw blogs linked in peoples sidebars. Your blog is cute. I’m going to add you to my feed reader. 😉 Happy 30th!!! Now you can tell people your $29.95 plus shipping! LOL

18. posted on Apr 01, 2011 at 3:43 PM  |  reply

that last little “help me help you…” explosion reminded me so much of molly and brandon scarbrough. and i thought you’d like to know that=)