I can’t blog when I wake up at 4:30am.

on April 5, 2011 in Get Fit with 10 comments by

Apparently.

I kinda dropped off the blogosphere on accident this week. Because, and I can’t believe I’m about to say this, I’ve been waking up at 4:30am for Boot Camp.

Yeah.

Boot Camp.

So to make a long story short, the ladies at Style Blueprint had a Boot Camp deal. I crazily encouraged my friends to sign up with me. Because torture is better when you can watch your friends be tortured too. And SEVEN OF THEM SIGNED UP.

[Let’s stop right here. It’s good to be influential and all, but seriously. Why would you ever agree to join me from 5:15-6:15am four days a week… exercising… outside?]

So every night this week, I’ve been in bed by 9pm- because 4:30am comes early, my bloggites. Really early on these ole bones.

I don’t love exercise and that is actually a really nice way to say how I feel about such things as Boot Camps, where people yell at you to “PICK UP YOUR KNEES!” and say, “SLEEPING THROUGH YOUR ALARM IS NOT AN OPTION!”

[To which I always want to say, “Uh, I’m paying to be here. I can sleep in every single day and it doesn’t matter. In fact, I could go to my car and sleep on the roof right now. You are not the boss of me except you kinda are.” ] [Can you tell I have a REALLY great attitude right now about the whole thing? Cause I don’t do.]

We start out with a mile run. Which for half-marathoners like me, is no trouble at all. Except it is. I’m the slowest. Of course. What’s new.

Then we do things like lunges, push-ups until I think I’m gonna puke [seriously], butterflies, chest presses, and all sorts of misery.

And on Tuesday, it was 39*F at 5:15am after it poured rain all day Monday.

I am a total whiner.

Not a winner. A whiner.

And if you think this post has been bad, try riding in the car with me at 4:50am.

. . . . . . . . .

I had one final boogie over at (in)courage last week and blast it all, I forgot to tell you. So here’s the link to Happy Trails To You…. [that cowgirl thing just won’t quit.]

My pal Nester is hosting a MAJ giveaway day, so go win you sum-thin.

. . . . . . . . . .

Also, I promise I’m not totally miserable to be around at Boot Camp. I mean, sometimes I even make jokes. Sure, the instructor rolls her eyes and says, “Now do 20 more!”, but I make myself laugh.

And if I hate it this much, then WHY AM I DOING IT?

Because when my mind is screaming angry slurs at my body and my soul is longing for a break from the lies, sometimes the only thing louder than self-hate is the sound of my shoes hitting the pavement and sweat dripping down my forehead as the sun rises in the sky.

That’s why.

1. posted on Apr 05, 2011 at 9:46 PM  |  reply

That last paragraph? Kinda beautiful and brilliant. And now it is copied onto my phone. And now I shall set my alarm to run at 6AM. You’re kinda motivational.

2. posted on Apr 05, 2011 at 9:47 PM  |  reply

Oh, that last paragraph. Yes.
    4:30am? That’s dark o’clock all right. So what if you finish last. At least you can do it and finish.

And just so you don’t feel all alone (well you have seven friends with you) I started Jillian’s 30 Day Shred today. I, too, wanted to yell at her that she wasn’t the boss of me. Seriously, it’s not as bad as I’ve heard. It’s only Level 1 though.

3. posted on Apr 05, 2011 at 9:52 PM  |  reply

Don’t stop. It’s worth it. Promise.

4. posted on Apr 05, 2011 at 10:41 PM  |  reply

How is it that you say the things I think in my head and keep to myself? You always say it more eloquently, but the basics are all there, still trapped inside my head, and I suppose, my heart.

I kind of like it when people boss me around in the exercise realm. It’s like they know I can do more even though they are on the other side of the screen. So I let Chalene Johnson yell at me almost daily.

You have some serious intestinal fortitude 🙂 Go get ’em, cowgirl 🙂

5. posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

That last paragraph? Yeah, I totally just wrote it down on a post-it note. It’s going on my mirror. LOVE it.

And speaking as one who is several weeks into a weight-loss challenge, it does get easier. It’s all about changing your mindset. Changing the way that you think about food and excercise, and what your body is capable of. Metanoia: Change the way you think – Repentance. Repenting for the way I have abused my body with food, and laziness.

It will be worth it.

6. posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 8:32 AM  |  reply

I’m confused. Are you not writing for (in)courage anymore? Or were you just saying “happy trails” to the Week o’ Annie? (THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I SKIM TOO MUCH!)

Also, I think I might write that last paragraph on an index card to put on my treadmill. My treadmill, who I just met this week and can’t decide if I love or hate.

But really, are you leaving incourage?

7. posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 8:35 AM  |  reply

Okay, maybe I’m dumb. Maybe you were just saying happy trails to the Bloom crowd?

I don’t know. Sometimes I panic.

8. posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 9:12 AM  |  reply

wow!! is there anything you CAN’T do?? i think not…

9. cbed
    posted on Apr 06, 2011 at 10:34 AM  |  reply

You are extremely beautiful and less of you to love is very high on my list of things I’m not one bit interested in. Very high.

10. kdz