Edinburgh Fringe Festival

on August 29, 2011 in Scotland, video blogs with 10 comments by

So the Fringe Festival ends this week, but not before I took some time on Saturday to show it to you!

[You’re welcome. I know how you people like your vlogs.]

A few things:

1. Have you noticed that I rarely, if ever, let you watch a video without a zillion prefaces first? It’s still true today.

2. My hair. I’m sorry.

3. Our church leadership is in a season of fasting and prayer which probably attributes to the more somber-esque mood of the whole thing.

4. I’m still learning a new video editing program [iMovie ’11 instead of iMovieHD if you must know], so forgive any harsh transitions or volume issues.

5. One thing I love about iMovie ’11? NO LISP! Yay.

6. My flatmate Becky didn’t join me on this excursion. You’ll have to watch The Royal Wedding to see her. Sorry- I know she’s a natural and you love her. Next time.

7. Sorry it’s longer than 5 minutes. I try to edit as tight as possible, just didn’t happen in less than 5 this time. Blame it on the time difference? Videos are longer when they are made in the future? Sure.

8. At 4:02, when I say “partnering with us,” I mean Christians in general. Not Crossroads Church specifically.

That is quite a lot of prefacing for a Monday. Forgive me.

On with the video….

Questions? Comments? Concerns about my hair?

What other things would you like to see in a future Scottish vlog?

1. posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 5:56 AM  |  reply

The tenderness of your heart toward the Lord is a blessing, Annie.

2. Beth
    posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:19 AM  |  reply

Great vlog, and can’t wait to hear what the Lord does with these students.
    However I think the strange Scottish man in the leopard unitard at 3:20 could be my husband. I wondered where he’d got to on Saturday.

3. posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:37 AM  |  reply

So good to hear your heart in this video. It’s one thing to read it, yet quite another to see and hear it.

Yay for no lisp!

4. ~VA~
    posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 6:58 AM  |  reply

your hair pretty

5. kathleen
    posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:51 AM  |  reply

watching you this morning made me cry…you are right where you are supposed to be.

6. posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:07 AM  |  reply

Love, love, love this video. First, I was on those same streets a little over a year ago and fell in love with Edinburgh. Beautiful memories. Second, your hair looks fabulous. And third, what a beautiful reminder that His eyes see much further than our own, and our lives are His story. I am in a season of laying down my dreams and resting in those that He has for me and He is showing me that my dreams for myself grossly pale in comparison to His dreams for me. Thank you for confirming and reminding that beautiful truth. Now go and rest those feet. I remember those cobblestone streets. Ouch. =)

7. posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 7:02 PM  |  reply

Annie, if you had a TV show I would watch it. Move over, Pioneer Woman! 🙂
    No, seriously, your outlook on life and God’s plans is refreshing. I needed to hear that today. Thanks girl!

8. Travis
    posted on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:03 PM  |  reply

You laughing.

It doesn’t seem right to hear you talk for 5 minutes with out hearing your laugh at least once.

Praying for you.

9. posted on Aug 30, 2011 at 4:13 AM  |  reply

“God tells stories way bigger stories than we do…”

Wow. Exactly what I needed to hear. You have no idea.

On a not so serious note, I love your purple feather. And the Braveheart statue? Brill. (Short for brilliant? Yes?)

🙂 Happy Tuesday friend.

10. cbed
    posted on Aug 31, 2011 at 11:17 AM  |  reply

Loving that you’re there.
    Loving you from here.