TOP 5 FRIDAY: Link on.

on September 14, 2012 in I heart books., Sounds good to me., TOP 5 FRIDAY with 8 comments by

TOP 5 FRIDAY is when we each list five of our favorite things, depending on the topic. Feel free to join in via the comments or by posting on your own blog and linking back here. Play along. It’s Friday.

. . . . .

I have some goals and dreams.

Currently, I want to be punnier.

You can pray into that if you so feel led.

It’s just that punny people are always cracking me up and I just keep thinking that if I was punnier, I could entertain myself more often.

But I’m also finding that there are a lot of things on this planet that distract me from writing. Things like painting my nails. And maybe taking my punny-ness up a level might actually make me write puns all the time instead of, you know, books?

This has nothing to do with today’s blog post.

You’re welcome.

. . . . .

Today’s Top 5 Friday is pretty simple and I link you’re gonna like it a lot.

[boom. pun.]

Here are the top 5 things I’ve found on the world wide web this week that I want to share with you!

1. Womanista’s Non-Date Essentials

I read Womanista every day and I love it every day. But this post? This is a masterpiece. For a married woman to know so much about the current world of dating is honorable… though I will take some credit because Cassie has heard my bemoaning a time or twelve. Also, that book she mentions is on hold for me at the library. I can’t wait to check it out. Literally. [Is THAT a pun? Not sure.]

2. I Will Wait by Mumford & Sons

If you’ve been here longer than a minute, you know that I have a thing for Mumford & Sons. I just plain love ’em. So duh. They made the list with their new single.

3. Article by Anne Lamott

I know, she’s every cool Christian’s favorite author ever. But she’s not mine. I mean, I like her, but I don’t totally agree with her and sometimes I so much don’t agree that I can’t read her stuff. That doesn’t mean she’s not a fine person, I’m just explaining myself. BUT. This article is beautifully written and deserves to be read slowly.

4. Monaco Blue

I’ve never known the name, but when I saw this I was all, “OH MY YES THAT IS MY FAVORITE COLOR” and luckily it is going to be huge in Spring 2013 which, I don’t know about you, but I’m absolutely no where near planning my spring wardrobe so I’m all, “CAN I PLEASE WEAR THIS IN THE FALL WINTER AND SPRING?” Probably I shouldn’t. But I’m gonna. My friends at Loom Decor did an entire blog post about Monaco Blue and I will forever be grateful that they told me the name of my favorite color.

Also, this chair? I want it like whoa.

5. Fearless by Group 1 Crew

This album is crazy fun and each song is about Jesus and it’s awesome. Get it.

Bonus reminders:

I wrote a book.

Emily wrote a book.

They’re twin sisters.

. . . . .

YOUR TURN!

Share your favorite link from this week! I’m sure we’ll all get a click out of it!

[I. Am. On. FIRE!]

. . . . .

PS- come back here on Monday for a huge awesomely cool thing…. like, a free thing. For you. And every girl you know. Seriously.

1. posted on Sep 14, 2012 at 9:27 AM  |  reply

I can’t wait to get a minute to click your links. I’ll try to post some here in the comments later today. We’re busy celebrating 21st birthdays and 50th anniversaries around here!

2. posted on Sep 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM  |  reply

I don’t really have a link to share but I want to say a few things!! 🙂

First – CONGRATS on Perfectly Unique! I am so happy for you and so proud of you!

Second- MONACO BLUE?! HELLO FRIEND! I just painted our kitchen this color several months ago. I love it. The designer Emily Henderson uses it all the time and pairs it with kelly green. It’s gorgeous!

Third – the gaggle thing is super interesting — I met Andy through a guy friend who was a former coworker. He wanted me to date one of his friends, I don’t think he really cared which one, just any of them. But I met Andy and it clicked…but I think it was just a God thing in the end. 🙂

3. posted on Sep 14, 2012 at 11:12 AM  |  reply

I had made the decision to have a small group of teen girls over to pour into them, have been praying about best way to do that. Bible study, discussion, book – YAY! God provided, gonna do a book study discussion group! Bless you!

4. posted on Sep 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM  |  reply

Girl, I have not yet read an Anne Lamott book (I have one on my shelf waiting for me) and I do really want to, but I just had to unfollow her on Twitter. And it has done wonders for my social media life.

That being said, that is a beatiful article. And I love I Will Wait by Mumford and Sons, too. One of the highlights of my summer was going to their Stopover in Bristol. It. Was. Awesome.

5. posted on Sep 16, 2012 at 8:46 PM  |  reply

I really enjoyed the Anne Lamott article.
    I am looking forward to reading more about the book…because the last book you suggested to read about dating “How to Get a Date Worth Keeping” turned out to revolutionary for my thought process about dating. It hasn’t totally worked but I am in process.

6. Felicity
    posted on Sep 20, 2012 at 2:38 PM  |  reply

Dude, my mother in law has made some awesome monaco blue earrings.

Too cutes.

7. posted on Sep 22, 2012 at 11:12 PM  |  reply

I made a mix tape of love for my six-year-old daughter and naturally Mumford and Sons made the list. As well as Florence + the Machine and Eva Cassidy. And yet tonight over hot dogs she asked if I could get on utube and download that “really great song that goes i just met you this is crazy call me baby.” And Party in the USA. And some other drivel. It’s going to be a hard road ahead for us in the music world. If she starts to listen to pop country I’m telling her she’s adopted.