Day 3: Pappy.

on October 3, 2012 in 31 Days of Jokes with 8 comments by

Meet Pappy. Better known as Chris Wheeler. [Pappy is his alter ego consisting of equals parts grandpa and redneck.] Chris is one of the other speakers at the Girls of Grace events and my gracious is he funny.

In July, after our Phoenix event, a bunch of us went to dinner at a farm to table type restaurant [I fell deeply in love with that place- they didn’t even have a FRIDGE!] and as the meal wound down, we started telling jokes.

We didn’t all know each other that well, but this night sealed it. We are a funny bunch.

Amber and I found this joke to be Chris’s piece de resistance. The cream of his humor crop. The joy of our salvation. [Sorry, that’s too far.] Anyways, it’s a good joke from Pappy. Enjoy.

. . . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

What did the three legged dog say when he walked into the bar?

“I’m looking for the man that shot my paw.”

. . . . .

I mean, right? That’s hilarious. The hand motion? Clutch.

1. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 7:07 AM  |  reply

confession, this is the first place I come every morning. What does that say about me? Also, Pappy does not disappoint.

2. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 7:28 AM  |  reply

Haw, haw, haw!

3. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 8:25 AM  |  reply

never gets old!

4. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 8:58 AM  |  reply

Lovin’ this! Thank you for one good laugh when I read it, and other laughs when I share them. I check this one first, every day, too, get my blogging day started right. Big grin and hugs to you!

5. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 10:05 AM  |  reply

This one hits a little too close to home. LOL.

6. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 3:51 PM  |  reply

*laughs* this one I’m so telling at the next party Im at!

7. posted on Oct 03, 2012 at 7:25 PM  |  reply

Annie, had to tell you — you inspired me to add some laughter to my serious-ish 31 days topic (31 days of praying for your children), and I followed your lead with the joke thing. My topic #2 is “31 Day of Lunchbox Jokes,” and if I’m being completely honest, it’s way more fun to write than my serious series. 🙂 Thought you’d like to know that you’re inspiring joy with your posts. Thanks a bunch.

8. posted on Oct 04, 2012 at 12:28 PM  |  reply