He kept me.

on October 23, 2012 in (in)courage with 7 comments by

Clock

I listened to my friend Christy talk last week about how she needed God to pull through for her before she stood and spoke before a crowd of Christian women leaders.

She talked of how she paced her hotel room the night before, begging God to release the words He wanted her to say. She retold of her late night and early morning, all standing right before God and waiting on Him to direct her talk.

With three minutes to go before soundcheck, it was finished. The whole talk, delivered and refined with mere minutes to spare.

“He kept me in the waiting,” she said, “so I would depend on Him, not myself.”

. . . . .

Pop over to (in)courage today to read the rest of this article if you wanna. It takes a little turn and I get too honest about being single. Again.

Oops.

. . . . . .

Are you new around these parts? Well welcome!

Hi. I’m Annie. I write books for my job.

You can read more about me here.

You can follow me on twitter here.

You can like me on facebook here.

You can follow me on pinterest here.

. . . . .

1. posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:56 AM  |  reply

“I think if He can part the Red Sea He can lead a boy to like it and put a ring on it.” It’s sentences like this that make me adore you, and keep me coming back for more Annie. Because everyone needs a little Annie in their day, I think. I love your honesty and your willingness to look outside a situation and trust Him through it. (((Hugs)))from a regular lurker.

2. kalimsaki
    posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 2:29 PM  |  reply

From Risalei Nur collection by Said Nursi

Man is such an antique work of art of Almighty God. He is a most subtle and graceful miracle of His power whom He created to manifest all his Names and their inscriptions, in the form of a miniature specimen of the universe. If the light of belief enters his being, all the meaningful inscriptions on him may be read. As one who believes, he reads them consciously, and through that relation, causes others to read them. That is to say, the dominical art in man becomes apparent through meanings like, “I am the creature and artefact of the All-Glorious Maker. I manifest His mercy and munificence.” That is, belief, which consists of being connected to the Maker, makes apparent all the works of art in man. Man’s value is in accordance with that dominical art and by virtue of being a mirror to the Eternally Besought One. In this respect insignificant man becomes God’s addressee and a guest of the Sustainer worthy of Paradise superior to all other creatures.
    However, should unbelief, which consists of the severance of the relation, enter man’s being, then all those meaningful inscriptions of the Divine Names are plunged into darkness and become illegible. For if the Maker is forgotten, the spiritual aspects which look to Him will not be comprehended, they will be as though reversed. The majority of those meaningful sublime arts and elevated inscriptions will be hidden. The remainder, those that may be seen with the eye, will be attributed to lowly causes, nature, and chance, and will become utterly devoid of value. While they are all brilliant diamonds, they become dull pieces of glass. His importance looks only to his animal, physical being. And as we said, the aim and fruit of his physical being is only to pass a brief and partial life as the most impotent, needy, and grieving of animals. Then it decays and departs. See how unbelief destroys human nature, and transforms it from diamonds into coal.

3. Breanne
    posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:49 PM  |  reply

“He kept me when He could have let me go.” Man, that just really spoke to me today! Thank you so much for your honesty. I have been reading your blog for a while now and I don’t know if I can express how much it has meant to me!

4. posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 8:17 PM  |  reply

Wow. Oh, how I love this! I read it this morning and it’s echoed in my heart all day. Why? Because He is keeping me right now. Keeping my family. We have experienced some super tough stuff, and while I know that I know that I know He is in conteol and I sense His presence, it hurts. Through the sadness, I know this feeling? It’s being held. Being kept. And it’s precious.

5. posted on Oct 23, 2012 at 9:57 PM  |  reply

Nope. Not too honest. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your heart Annie. That picture of God keeping you (and me) blesses me too.

6. posted on Oct 25, 2012 at 2:29 PM  |  reply

Thanks for your beautifully written words. I needed them today.

7. Kristine
    posted on Oct 27, 2012 at 6:35 PM  |  reply

Thank you for this post, I needed this!