I like March 6th.

on March 6, 2013 in Speak Love with 40 comments by

Last year, on March 6, I signed the book deal for Perfectly Unique.

This year, on March 6, I FINALLY get to tell you….

You guys?

I signed my next book deal with Zondervan last week.

Squeal. Freak out. Panic. Shock. Whoa.

I know. I felt all those things too.

I’m going to tell you ALL ABOUT THE BOOK tomorrow, but today- I want to tell you about signing the book deal because it was a really sweet thing.

[I’m really excited. Like whoa excited. Just wanted to make sure you knew that part.]

When you sign a book deal, you sign three copies of said deal. So I decided to pick three places that mean a lot to me right now and sign one copy of the book deal at each. Because hello my name is Annie and I am always looking for sentimental experiences.

#1: Girls of Grace Nashville + my CrossPoint small group

IMG_6041

Sweet sweet girls- Caroline, Hannah, Sarah, Jordin, Hannah, and Kendall. I love them so… and the other half of our group that was not there that day. And then all those girls of grace in the background? So fun.

IMG_6042

I love their faces.

These two things? Girls of Grace and my small group? Probably two of the best things to come into my life in 2012. And those small group girls have watched and prayed and been a part of this whole book writing process, so I wanted them to be there when the signing moment happened. [That’s not all of ’em, but half of ’em.]

#2- Portland Brew with my besties

IMG_6109

Just like last year, I wanted to sign a copy in my favorite Nashville coffee shop with some of my favorite girls- Lyndsay, Nichole, and Amber. I could not be more grateful for these girls. And about forty-five seconds after this picture, another friend’s husband came rushing in. I had invited her, she had missed the text, and sent him in her stead since she was across town.

That’s friendship. Those are my people. It meant a ton.

#3- Vanderbilt Baseball Game

IMG_6112

I signed the paper right when my buddy/brother/intern Connor was up to bat. Remember I am way beyond sentimental.

IMG_6131

My boys- Joel, Connor, Jared, Keenan, Andrew, and Will. Don’t even get me started.

The cursor has blinked here for minutes. I don’t know how to tell you what is in my heart for these boys. I just know they live there. In my heart.

. . . . .

When I thought of the three places in Nashville that meant the most to me, three places that I wanted to mark with this experience, these were them. [Obviously I wish my family could have been here, but no go. Saving them for the next one.]

I’m excited about the book. I’m really excited. LIKE WHOA EXCITED. You guys are gonna love it, I think. But I am also excited about and grateful for the sweet people that are living this experience with me. And when you read the book, these are the characters that you will see pop in and out. That’s how my writing works – you live in my life, you live in my heart, you live in my books. For better or for worse, I guess.

Thank you for your support of Perfectly Unique, who, in fact, is six months old this week! [Happy half-birthday, sister! Proud of your little purple chucks self!] I’m overly teary right now in my life, but trust me, as I write about these people and the fact I got to write ANOTHER book and the fact that you still show up here? I’m a puddle of tears. God is so kind.

Can’t wait to tell you all about Speak Love tomorrow. [Eep! Title spoiler!]

1. LisaW
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:29 AM  |  reply

Wonderful, Annie!! So excited to see the many ways God is using you to bring His Light to the world!!

2. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:45 AM  |  reply

Annie, that is so amazing! I couldn’t be happier for you. LIKE WHOA HAPPY. I love your sentimental heart. Just love it.

3. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 6:41 AM  |  reply

Look at you changing the world one book at a time. Congratulations and I’m like WHOA excited to get my grubby little hands on another book by Annie. P.S. Love those pink scarves on you.

4. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 7:59 AM  |  reply

Congrats Annie!!! So excited for you!

5. Merideth
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:13 AM  |  reply

Congratulations Annie!!! I can tell by the title I’ll love this book too! So happy for you. OH, and I am incredibly sentimental too. I love that you picked such special places and people for signing the contract.

6. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:22 AM  |  reply

woohoo!! So excited!

7. Bethanu
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:23 AM  |  reply

Awesome!! Congratulations to you! I cannot wait to see how God uses you again with book #2! I have personally seen Perfectly Unique be used in awesome ways for a couple of girls I know! Keep pursuing, beautiful one! He is using you!!

8. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:24 AM  |  reply

Love this, signing in 3 different places! I need to work some of this creativity into my sentimentality.

9. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:27 AM  |  reply

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:28 AM  |  reply

Congrats, Annie!

11. Joan
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:39 AM  |  reply

Thank you Annie ! I am a mom who will be forever grateful for the impact you have had on my daughter’s life ! Thank you for caring so much about what you write and most of all how you live it out!!!!!

12. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:47 AM  |  reply

GIRL! Yes yes yes. I’m love how you did this. Love you!

13. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:58 AM  |  reply

WoooHooo! Congrats! So happy for you!

14. Leslie Ruth
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 9:13 AM  |  reply

CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you! And I love the sentimentality of how you signed your contract. Absolutely perfect and so fitting 🙂

15. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 9:17 AM  |  reply

CONGRATS ANNIE!
    Enjoy this special season!

16. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 10:52 AM  |  reply

I’m SO proud of you!!!!! Congrats my brilliant friend!

17. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 11:45 AM  |  reply

Congrats! This is so exciting!!

18. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 11:51 AM  |  reply

I, too, am a sucker – for sentimental experiences and for you. Crying tears of joy for you, my friend. So, so happy to see this next page in the story God’s writing on your life!

19. Beth
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 12:29 PM  |  reply

Go, sister, Go!! (And you look good in the middle of all of those handsome men- just sayin’)…

20. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 12:36 PM  |  reply

This is so wonderfully exciting, my friend. Huge congrats to you!!

21. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 2:15 PM  |  reply

EEK! I was hoping there was another book brewing, because I L.O.V.E. LOOOOVE your writing! You go, girl!

22. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 3:12 PM  |  reply

Congrats, Annie!!! (PS. March 6th is an excellent day: the hub’s and my anniversary and also the end of The Battle of the Alamo. In case you were wondering!) Again, congrats =)

23. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 3:56 PM  |  reply

Annie, I love how you NEVER take any of this for granted . . . and how you celebrate with those you love. This book will have a HUGE impact on readers’ lives.

24. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 4:49 PM  |  reply

First, how was I not following you on Instagram? Second, I am so grateful to God that today I remedied that and found out about your book deal.
    Prouder than proud of you girlfriend.

25. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:27 PM  |  reply

I have been eagerly checking your blog for several days to see what you had us waiting on! I am super pumped for you. I can’t wait for it!

Thanks for sharing your life with us!

26. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:28 PM  |  reply

LIKE 🙂

27. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:31 PM  |  reply

“Because hello my name is Annie and I am always looking for sentimental experiences.” Is this a universal Annie quality? I think yes! Love this. So excited to read your words!

28. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 5:51 PM  |  reply

Congrats, Annie! Does this mean we can finally have our coffee/writing date now? 😉

29. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 6:30 PM  |  reply

I’m so excited for you, Annie! You’re on your way, girl. Cannot wait to hear about it.

30. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 7:26 PM  |  reply

Cheering for you! YAY! SO well-deserved. Love you.

31. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 7:37 PM  |  reply

I am so happy for you and *love* the way you did this. You go, girl!

32. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 8:04 PM  |  reply

Tearing up right there with you – I LOVE the way you signed the contracts. You are one of the coolest girls I know.

33. Jennybc
    posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 9:33 PM  |  reply

So very happy for you! I just gave a young girl a copy of your book and Emily’s as well. She’s walking through a tough time and made a hard decision to step away from college for a semester to pull some things together. She called me yesterday to tell me how the books had spoken to her hurting heart. Annie, you are gifted and giving. It was thrilling to hear my friend say how much you had helped her already. I was so happy for her and so happy for you as well. The very thing you set out to do with your book was being played out before me. What a cool moment. Much love to you and yeah for so much fun with the second book. Hugs!

34. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 9:50 PM  |  reply

Annie, I adore you. I adore every bit of your super sentimental, adorable self.

And congratulations!! Congrats times a thousand. 🙂 Can’t wait to read what it’s about.

I love you, sister. You are a gem.

35. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 9:59 PM  |  reply

Annie- So very happy for you! I can’t wait! I am (still) in the middle of Perfectly Unique [a spaghetti sauce edition ] I love the book, just wish there were more hours in the day so i can put down textbook, and pick up leisure book)…. I just wanted to say that I love the way you write- love that you’re ‘real’ (if that makes sense) Already super excited about your upcoming book! 🙂 EEEK!! 🙂 Many blessings to you!

36. posted on Mar 06, 2013 at 10:32 PM  |  reply

One big word: yahoooooooo! So very cool.

And now I’m all kicking myself for signing all the copies of my contract in my boring ol’ backyard. Great. Now I need another book deal to do something cool like you.

37. posted on Mar 07, 2013 at 6:38 AM  |  reply

Oh my gosh. Just, wow. I’m so excited! I got my hands on a copy of your first book just the other day, and I just started it. Found it at my mom’s house (not sure why, lol) and promptly told her her I was stealing it 🙂

I love you, friend! Many congrats!

38. Hillary
    posted on Mar 07, 2013 at 11:45 AM  |  reply

My very longest and dearest friend’s birthday is March 6th. I like this day too! 🙂

39. posted on Mar 08, 2013 at 11:52 AM  |  reply

Annie, you are amazing! I am so proud of you!!! Godspeed!

40. posted on Mar 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM  |  reply

Congrats Annie! This is such amazing news!