Since you last saw me….

on July 23, 2013 in Ze Bloggy Goodness with 26 comments by

I turned 33 and totally forgot to tell you about it.

It was an awesome night. It had been raining in Nashville for days [and the smell that still lingers in my basement proves it], but because God is gracious and compassionate, we had beautiful skies for my outdoor birthday-ness.

carlos

(Photo stolen from Carlos Whittaker’s instagram)

I had a dairy-free cake and a yellow dress and friends and a huge red A and a cute baby behind me [do you love her or what?] and really, what more can you ask for?

yellow

(Photo stolen from Amber Lehman’s instagram)

Then I went to the beach.

Alone.

For five days.

And read books. Lots of books.

I wasn’t totes alone the whole time, some family friends were down there and a few Nash-folks were vacationing, and one of my besties let me stay at her house so she came for a few days too. So I got to see people. You know me, totally alone for five days is more a torture than a vacation. I like to talk. To people.

I came home last week and rearranged my living room and bedroom because … do I have to have a reason? I caught up with friends and started watching Call The Midwife. [Do you watch? Should we discuss?] Then one of my lifelong BFFs came to Nashville FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE FIVE YEARS I HAVE LIVED HERE and finally met all the people that she hears stories about.

Meet Molly. She’s adorable and wonderful and now all of Nashville loves her.

Molly

It was a super fun weekend. Like, one of the best. And having lived here five years exactly, that’s over 250 weekends to choose from and I still say this was one of the best.

In my people’s news…

Your favorite intern Connor hit his FIRST MAJOR LEAGUE HOMERUN! If you live anywhere near Grand Rapids, please go watch a West Michigan Whitecaps game and cheer loud for Connor on my behalf. Thank you. [Though I will be in those stands cheering myself in a few weeks and I cannot wait.]

My sweet bestie Hillary had her baby Eisele [said “eyes-lee”] and all are healthy and wonderfully beautiful.

And that brings us to today.

Happy Tuesday.

We’re about to release the Speak Love Pre-Order stuff which is BEYOND awesome and I can’t wait for you to see! We have so many things to discuss now that I am rested and feeling like Annie again… including, but not limited to, a PCOS update, books I’ve been reading, plans for Speak Love, and seriously- has anyone else seen Season 1 of Call The Midwife?

Also, we could discuss The Bachelorette, but I think Des is a bit, I’m sorry to say, boring. But are you watching this season anyways [like we are obviously]?

How’s your summer so far?Β

1. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM  |  reply

How much do you love Chummy? So much. I know you do. If you don’t, lie to me. Because I can’t handle the truth.

I am watching The Bachlorette. And I’ll tell you if Juan Pablo is the next Bachelor. I’m all in.

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM  |  reply

I do. I really do love her.

And yes. Juan Pablo. Chris Harrison was setting him up so hard last night to be the next Bachelor. Fingers crossed.

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM  |  reply

Oh yes! Juan Pablo. One of my friends needs to make out with…er….date him.

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

Ashley Eicher. πŸ™‚ We’re trying at least. πŸ™‚

2. Stephanie
    posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM  |  reply

I love Call the Midwife, and my friend can’t understand why I do. I don’t know why I do except for the fact that it is British and it is historic and … I just love it.

I’m so sad that I missed the last two episodes of season 2 and now I can’t access them. πŸ™

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:45 PM  |  reply

I’m still on season 1. I hope season 2 will be on netflix soon!

3. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM  |  reply

Happy Birthday late! It looks like it was a fabulous day full of celebration. You’re adorable yourself in the yellow dress.

I love the name Hillary picked for her baby girl. Gorgeous.

I hear you have to read the Call the Midwives books after you see the series. I’m on hold for them at my library. My daughter has read them and got me hooked on the series.

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM  |  reply

Oohhh! Yay! I can’t wait to read it!

Thanks for your kind words- I love that yellow dress.

4. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM  |  reply

I see a couple of books in your photo that I want to read. I’m reading Love Does by Bob Goff right now. have you read it? I’m also reading aloud Andrew Peterson’s On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness to my son after your recommendation years (?) ago. We’re loving it. Did you read the other books in the series?

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:46 PM  |  reply

LOVE both of those books!!! And yes- I’ve read ALL of Andrew Peterson’s. He is an incredible author.

5. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM  |  reply

Molly!! How is this the first she’s visited Nashville? that’s just crazy talk…and super fun. I hope you feel like a refreshed new woman after your vacation. Hugs!

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM  |  reply

Oh girl. I feel so much better. You know how that goes. Leaving work is hard to do, but SO necessary.

And yes! We had a great weekend!!! Molly loved our little world here.

6. Megan
    posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 11:11 AM  |  reply

Your yellow dress is beautiful. <3 And it looks perfect on you.

One of my friends told me about Call the Midwife. I didn't know if it was totally my thing but it was British, so that was enough to make me press play on netflix. I really have been enjoying it.

I've been watching season 2 on the PBS app. Sadly, they're uploading an ep a week, so not all of season 2 is up yet. I've really been enjoying it, though. A lot more than I initially expected. I love Jenny dearly. (And what a cast of characters)

What I'm waiting for is the next full series by the creators of Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I miss the weekly anticipation for Mon and Thurs. πŸ™‚

I really want to like Des, I do. She seems like such a sweetheart. But not all that much of her personality comes through. The series always gives me enough laughs and facepalm moments to keep watching. I'm interested to see how the two part finale turns out.

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 2:47 PM  |  reply

Oh girl. Lizzie Bennet. I miss it.

I feel the EXACT same way about Call The Midwife- heard it was British, so I gave it a try.

Des’s dudes are giving us facepalms for DAYZ. Great point.

Love your comment!! πŸ™‚ Talking about everything is my favorite thing.

7. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:45 PM  |  reply

Happy belated birthday! Lots of good book suggestions for me (there are always so many books to read!). I LOVE Call the Midwife…it might be my favorite show of all time. I would stop and rewind for a quote in each episode of the first season. It is heart of my heart kind-of stuff! It’s sweetly lovely and spiritual and real (and funny). I need to read the books too. I’m glad you’re back to blogging!

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:54 PM  |  reply

Thanks, Bethany! πŸ™‚ And I cam halfway through season 1- I think I’m on episode 4? I can’t wait to keep going!! πŸ™‚

8. Merideth
    posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM  |  reply

I missed reading your blog posts while you were gone. Glad you feel renued after your trip. Wish I could see how beautiful you look in your yellow dress, but I’ll just assume you look fabulous. I haven’t heard of the show you are talking about. What channel do they show it on?

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 7:55 PM  |  reply

Hi friend! Thanks for your kind words.

I think it is on BBC? Or maybe PBS? But I’m watching it on netflix.

9. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 6:54 PM  |  reply

I love Call the Midwife!! I used to watch the first season with my parents back when I lived in Hsv, but since I’ve moved I haven’t seen the second season. I need to get on that!
    Your birthday party looks dreamy! πŸ™‚
    I haven’t been watching Des’ season…mostly because all of the blog recaps I read about it make it sound boooring. Guess I’m not really missing out? Is she boring, or are the guys all weirdos? Or maybe a little of both?? Haha.
    Have you been keeping up with all the royal baby news? For some reason I’m inordinately excited for them!

• posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:02 PM  |  reply

I have kept up a little. I do love me some Brits, so I love it all. I wanna be friends with Will and Kate.

And yes. Des. The guys are weird and she isn’t as good a TV personality star as she is a member of a cast. Personal opinion only and I’m sure she’s a very nice girl. πŸ™‚

10. Annise
    posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM  |  reply

Love Call the Midwife. Love your blog. Love your yellow dress. Love Nashville. Can we be friends?

***Fellow 33 year old single in West Michigan. Go White Caps!

11. Jami
    posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 9:52 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie! I’m really wanting to move to Nashville, and I was wondering if you have any advice or suggestions for jobs/living/church/etc? Have you posted about this and I just haven’t seen it? Thanks and happy birthday!!

12. posted on Jul 23, 2013 at 10:00 PM  |  reply

So many things. I LOVE that yellow dress. I have been wanting to add one to my closet for awhile. You looked so pretty! Happy 33! πŸ™‚ Also, I looked up all those books on B&N.com and they all sounds great! I would love to read The Paris Wife. I also watched the trailer for Call the Midwife and I think that I might watch episode 1 tonight, because I can totally add another TV show to my Netflix list. ha (I’m watching Parenthood right now) Also, are you really friends with Hilary? Like, the Hillary from Lady A? I’m highly impressed and jealous. The name that she chose is beautiful! I love it. It reminds me of my middle name, “Elyse” (said “e-lease”).

I think these were all my many comments that went through my head while reading this post! ha πŸ™‚

13. Michael Astemborski
    posted on Jul 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM  |  reply

Looking forward to Phoenix

14. posted on Jul 25, 2013 at 3:41 PM  |  reply

Happy late birthday!

15. posted on Aug 09, 2013 at 8:17 AM  |  reply

since you asked how my summer was…it was a surprising relaxing! i spent a bit of time at a blueberry patch listening to sermons, dealing with staying single, and rejuvenating myself before school starts back up (i’m a teacher). i’m enjoying your blog and also enjoy what i am finding over on (in)courage. thanks for asking. πŸ™‚