Brave On The Road

on March 19, 2015 in AnnieSpeaks, video blogs with 6 comments by

Annie F. Downs: Brave On The Road

So here’s a fun thing.

I have a video intern this semester. I know, I feel like the luckiest human in the ever. Her name is Kristen and she is SUPER TALENTED and fun to be around and she fits around the dining room table / office like she has always been here. Sarah and I totally love her.

Well a few weeks ago, we thought it would be fun for Kristen to video what a whole speaking event day was like for me. I mean, if I go speak somewhere, all those people see is the two hours I’m there, but there is lots before and after that make for a pretty funny life.

My friend Amanda and my friend Caroline went with us to this event too, so that’s extra cool.

So here is a behind-the-scenes look at the insanity that is traveling with moi. 🙂 Grab some popcorn and enjoy!

(The video is embedded below subscribers, so you may have to click over. Or you can just watch it on YouTube!)

1. posted on Mar 21, 2015 at 10:09 AM  |  reply

Hello Sweet Annie! This video was fantastic – I loved it! (It would be so cool to be an ongoing series, but I know that takes a lot of work!) 🙂 This video brought tears to my eyes at the end of it – I always so much appreciate your vulnerability and honesty as you walk through the world, speaking as the Lord has called you to do. Thank you for sharing so much with us, with the world. Its beautiful to see, especially through moments like in this video, how God is using you. Thanks so much for reminding me to be brave–b/c so often I don’t want to, or run from bravery in fear. Blessings and love to you friend!!

2. posted on Mar 21, 2015 at 10:48 AM  |  reply

Ok, just wanted to say thank you so much for this beautiful little behind the scenes glimpse into your world! ☺️ I’m reading Lets all be brave right now and am a big fan of the podcast

3. Carol
    posted on Mar 21, 2015 at 2:29 PM  |  reply

That was really fun 🙂 And tiring….just watching you do your thing!! Thank the good Lord above that you wouldn’t trade it for anything, because you are an inspiration. This video is yet another way you are so true to your audience, so real, so transparent…such a great friend!

Thanks for the ride!
    ~ Carol from Michigan

4. posted on Mar 22, 2015 at 12:35 AM  |  reply

Love, love, loved this glimpse into your life! I have to say that I got all the fluttery feelings as the women were arriving just like I do in real life. Then got teary as you were speaking to individuals after. I love that part. This was so fun. Thank you!

5. Katie Matzenbacher
    posted on Mar 27, 2015 at 3:24 PM  |  reply

Annie – I love hearing you speak. How fun to get to see a behind-the-scenes glimpse into what it takes to pull that off. I love hearing your heart and seeing how the Lord works through you. So inspiring!

Also – I’ve never had boiled peanuts either. 🙂

6. posted on Mar 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM  |  reply

[…] My favourite this month included a video. I’ve read Annie’s blog, and more recently listened to her podcast. She comes […]