Looking For Lovely releases today!

on April 5, 2016 in Looking For Lovely with 7 comments by

lovely_calendar

The day has arrived, friends.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

April 5th is here. The day that I was told, eleven months ago, would be the day that Looking For Lovely would hit bookshelves. At that point, I had the book outlined(ish) and I hoped I would find the ending.

And here we are. April 5th. And the book does have an ending. 🙂

I’m so deeply proud of this one. A few days ago, I mentioned on instagram that I had never written a book that mattered so much to my heart. A friend called me out on it. “Is it just because it’s new that you say that?” she asked.

Here’s the thing. Looking For Lovely does matter that deeply to my heart. It is a very personal story of the most significant transformation my life has ever known. It is absolutely the best book I could have written this year and it tells the truest and deepest stories I’ve ever lived. So yes, it matters more to me today than any other book I’ve written matters.

And if you loved Let’s All Be Brave (thank you for that, by the way), I think you’ll love this one. In a lot of ways, it feels like part 2 of that same story.

If you haven’t purchased Looking For Lovely yet, I would love for you to consider buying a copy for yourself and for a friend. This is a great book to talk through as you read.

And it would mean the world if you would share about the book today with your friends! Just send your pals to lookingforlovelybook.com!

Now I’ll take a deep breath and walk away from the computer and let God do whatever He will with this little thing. Yes and amen. 🙂

Happy April 5th!

Happy Birthday Looking For Lovely!

1. Meleah
    posted on Apr 05, 2016 at 6:13 AM  |  reply

I loved Let’s All Be Brave, and I can’t wait to get my hands on Looking for Lovely! Is a Kindle version in the works?

2. Jess :)
    posted on Apr 05, 2016 at 7:49 AM  |  reply

Woo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! What a LOVELY day to CELEBRATE all of your hard work! 🙂 This book is absolutely one of my favorites! It’s at the very top with “Let’s All Be Brave” and “For the Love” – so there’s that! 🙂 I’ve been praying that “Looking For Lovely” would touch each and every heart that needs to read your realness and the words He allowed you to pour out onto each page. You’ve got a gift, friend, and I’m SO very proud of you! Y’all, you WON’T want to miss out on this incredible read!

3. posted on Apr 05, 2016 at 3:17 PM  |  reply

mine came in the mail today and i can’t wait to plop down and dig in! when you first revealed the cover, you mentioned you would tell the story behind it someday. if i haven’t missed it, i’m looking forward to hearing about it in a future post!

congrats!

4. posted on Apr 05, 2016 at 5:24 PM  |  reply

This looks like a great book, and one I would be very interested in studying with the women at our church. We like to use books along with videos from the authors. Any plans to release video sessions to accompany your book?

5. posted on Apr 12, 2016 at 8:42 AM  |  reply

Oh my gosh, I just finished it! I’m not a cryer – but, when I was reading your epilogue, the lyrics “This is my story, this is my song” kept playing through my head…and – then – you said those very words – tears and goosebumps. I write curriculum for my church’s youth group and I’ve been working on a series about my own story called “Makeup and Muscles,” it’s about taking off the masks of who we think we’re supposed to be and living into who we are in the image of God…your book has been so inspirational in that process and I think those little watermelon seeds you planted in my heart might just grow something that speaks to a lot of other kids. After we do the series, I think we’re going to run the Looking for Lovely Bible Study for my group of girls! Thanks for all you do! It was just amazing!

6. posted on Apr 25, 2016 at 10:00 PM  |  reply

I’ve recently received your book, & I truly love it. It’s so relatable & real. As a personal development coach, reading this book helps me to see in the mind of some who gives a prime example of what 70% of my clients may be feeling. You’ve shed light on those people who looking for the lovely in different ways than I have. Your words give me another perspective to look at which may beneficial to my clients who are going through what you have experienced. Thank you for being honest & raw with your readers. You are an inspiration & amazing. 🙂

7. posted on Apr 26, 2016 at 11:55 AM  |  reply

I am looking for a new book to read so I will totally be checking this out. I’m going through an amazing in change my life – trying to be a better person so I’m interested in reading your story.