That’s not the official name.
I just have meant to share this recipe for a few weeks and I’m worried that if we don’t go ahead and get this out there, we will miss the fruit salad window.
[I wish I had a fruit salad window. I bet that would be lovely.]
Asked to bring a fruit salad to a baby shower in September, I wanted something special. Something sweet. Something with a little umph.
So I went straight away to Tasty Kitchen [my very favorite recipe hub] and found an amazing recipe for Seasonal Fruit Salad with Honey-Mint Lime Dressing.
I think when it comes to things like fruit salad, you don’t have to follow the recipe straight up. You can be a little willy-nilly. Pick the fruits you want, just make the measurements the same.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Freshly Mint, Chopped
- 10 cups Ripe Seasonal Fresh Fruit: Strawberries, Blueberries, Peaches, Kiwis [I used completely different fruits. Don’t hate.]
[They say this makes 10 servings, but I’m thinking it fed 20 at the shower. So. There’s that.]
Here are the steps, which are almost ridiculously easy. Which made me happy.
1. Mix up the dressing.
2. Chop up the fruit.
3. Pour the dressing over the fruit and stir. [Not all of it, mind you. You can always add, you can’t take away. So go half-sies, and then add more as needed.]
4. Plate it [gorgeous]. Sniff it [lovely]. Eat it [delicious]. Love it [you will].
The shower attendees cleaned me out of fruit salad before I could even take a picture of the bowl at the party. So actually, this small plate you see? I had to remake it when I got back from the shower. [Oh the lengths I will go for you.]
It is so so good.
So before all the good fruit retires for the summer [I know, it probably already has], make this dressing and toss it up and you can thank me later.
Do you have a favorite Tasty Kitchen recipe? Online recipe? Share it, my friends. I’m in a cookin’ mood.