My blog friend Kat does this Music Monday thing every…. well… Monday. And this time I could not resist the theme: Music that Moves You. She said talk about one or two songs. I don’t follow directions well.
Because I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. This is my new iTunes playlist- a collection of songs that are literally moving me.
It’s simply titled NASHVILLE.
1. Brandon Heath– “Don’t Get Comfortable”. I blogged about this song about a month ago, and it still sings loudly in my head when fear knocks.
Lyric that moves me: “You are gonna live like you used to dream.“
2. Tara Leigh Cobble– “Somehow Stay”. It makes me feel like packing up and crying at the same time. I blogged about this song in February, when God reminded me that He is giver so I don’t have to be a grabber.
Lyric that moves me: “You are closing the space between my fingers. You say Your love will stay.“
3. Matt Wertz– “All I Know”. Sometimes I need to remember that it’s good that I know nothing about Nashville. And no one in Nashville. Except Jesus.
Lyric that moves me: “All I know is the bleeding in my heart and the healing in Your touch.”
4. Christy Nockels- “Hosanna”. This song is from the new Passion: God of our City CD. It’s good. Get it.
Lyric that moves me: “Break my heart for what breaks Yours. Everything I am for Your kingdom’s cause.“
5. Billy Ray & Miley Cyrus– “Ready, Set, Don’t Go”. Go ahead, mock me. But I still can’t listen to the whole thing without getting choked up.
Lyric that moves me: “I’m at the starting line of the rest of my life, I’m ready as I’ve ever been.”
6. Shane and Shane– “Vision of You”. In the end, this move isn’t about me. It’s about Him.
Lyric that moves me: “May the vision of You be the death of me.“
7. Hillsong United– “Saviour King”. This one just makes me love to worship, y’all. Ask BooMama. She knows.
Lyric that moves me: “I give my life to honor this- the love of Christ, the Saviour King.“
8. David Crowder* Band– “Glory of it All”. My very favorite thing about Crowder is his ability to write beautifully. He just also happens to be an awesome musician.
Lyric that moves me: “Everything will change. Things will never be the same. We will never be the same.“
9. Dave Barnes– “Nothing Fancy”. Because in the end, it’s only because God loves me.
Lyric that moves me: “There’s nothing fancy about the way I love You, but it sure is fancy how You love me.“
[Which, by the way, if you go to Dave’s site today, you can hear the whole album for free. What? That’s ridiculous…. ly awesome.]
So there it is as of today, Monday March 31, 2008. It will change. I add to this playlist all the time. Because I need these songs.
This is the music that moves me.