Twirling… into the weekend.

on July 23, 2010 in (in)courage, AnnieWrites with 7 comments by

I have literally never said this before and I’m afraid I will never say it again. But this article, Turning, is probably my favorite thing I’ve had the pleasure of writing. I’m so so proud that I get to post it at (in)courage– it’s like my beach house for writing, so I go there as much as possible.

I don’t say all this “favorite article ever” junk to brag. I say this to say, “you better check it out cause it’s all downhill from there.”

But I will brag about this. My friends Amber and Ash have done their second installment of Amber&Ash- a super cool idea where Amber, a stylist, gives Ash a room to design based off of a stylish outfit (Ash is an interior designer) and then Ash gives Amber a room and she makes a sassy outfit to fit the room. It is possibly one of my favorite things to read.

Amber’s blog = outfit to room

Ash’s blog = room to outfit

Y’all have a great weekend. Mine is packed with great friends in town, a wedding, a baby shower, time at the pool [fingers crossed], brunch at Marche, finishing my talks for Lake Geneva, and pretty much running full force into as much awesome as possible.

TGIF, people. TGIF.

1. posted on Jul 23, 2010 at 7:36 AM  |  reply

You’re right, Annie. It’s a beautiful article. I’ll be twirling 47 this Sunday. I have the perfect dress for it…

2. posted on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:04 AM  |  reply

LOVE your twirling article!!!!

Beautifully written and so poignantly sweet and full of thoughts to ponder.

I’m so glad you got a good dress to twirl in 🙂

do you mind if I steal that phrase???? I love it!

3. posted on Jul 23, 2010 at 5:52 PM  |  reply

Twirling 30…wish I’d heard of that before my birthday in January. It might have made 30 easier to take. I’ll definitely keep it in mind from here on out!

4. posted on Jul 24, 2010 at 9:52 AM  |  reply

You’re right. that turning article got me. I am in the midst of some turning and it’s slow and hard and I can’t seem to see around the bend like I’d like to.
    But maybe if I embrace it with a little twirling I’ll stop trying to see it and just live it.
    Thank you.
    (crying now)
    🙂

5. posted on Jul 27, 2010 at 2:18 PM  |  reply

Thank you so much for loving our blogs 🙂 We have had so much fun putting together this series!

6. posted on Jul 28, 2010 at 8:47 AM  |  reply

Loved your Turning article- it definitely struck a chord with me this morning. You are such a talented writer!

7. posted on Aug 02, 2010 at 7:39 PM  |  reply

Oh my gosh. You are so pimping me out, and I love it!! You are the blog queen after all.