Wednesday is a list.

on November 10, 2010 in AnnieWrites, Sounds good to me. with 10 comments by

Instead of pictures.

Sorry ’bout it. I just have an absolutely insane week and to try to compose anything more than a list would cause my head to explode.

Yuck.

List. Here we go.

1. CMAs

It is a big week in Nashville- CMA Awards and the like. Make sure you watch the awards tonight on TV! I could not be more proud to tell you that one of my dearest friends is the SESAC Songwriter of the Year. I squealed. A lot. Hillary is an absolute gift in my life. And I’ll tell you this- the amazing songwriter she is pales in comparison to the woman of God she is in her normal life. But they don’t give awards for that.

2. CHRISTMAS TUNES

Mi amigo Dave Barnes released a Christmas album yesterday and it.is.deliciously.Christmasy. May I humbly, but highly, suggest you purchase one for yourself.

3. CHRISTMAS FOR YOUR EYES

Dave and Hillary [see how I did that? combining #1 and #2? Skillz, y’all. Skillz.]… well, they sang a song together on Dave’s album and it’s the cutest thing going. And there is a super holiday-ey music video that is totally worth a watch. Not to mention that JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT stars in it.

That’s right. Kids Incorporated… looks like you made it, JLH.

Here’s a link to the video for “Christmas Tonight“.

4. TOP 10

Also. Please check out the Top 10 Albums right now.

Taylor Swift + Dave + REBA! + Mumford & Sons? That’s my kind of Top 10, iTunes. Well played.

5. LIKE ME?

It’s time. With a book coming out soon [Like, surprisingly soon. *faint*] and a need to find a place for students who read the book/hear me speak to congregate, it was time to make a Fan Page on Facebook.

Will you please like me?

Though the content and conversation will be geared towards my book’s audience [which is Christian girls 15-25 yrs old], you are ALL welcome on the facebook page. There will be some exclusive book stuff going on there, so that’ll be cool.

Also. And you are really going to enjoy this, I liked myself first.

And it showed up on all my friends’ newsfeeds.

“Annie Downs likes Annie Downs.”

Oops. That could have gone better. The good news? Unlike Annie Downs 1990-2002 who did NOT like herself one bit, I actually do like myself. So at least it was true. 🙂

[By the way, y’all are awesome. I love having friends walk this author road thingy with me. It feels like we are one big happy. So thanks.]

Don’t forget to watch the CMAs tonight- go Lady Antebellum!!

1. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:16 AM  |  reply

1. GO HILL!
    2. I saw a screen capture from DB’s video and thought “that looks like JLH.” SO GLAD I’m not crazy.
    3. I will “like you” pronto. But FYI, I have LIKED YOU since that day we broke all the rules in San Antonio and sat on the 3rd row instead of our reserved seats. And I don’t regret that one little bit.
    4. GO LADY A!

2. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM  |  reply

Lady Antebellum is seriously one of my favorite country bands! No wonder she is up for a song writing award – I always am amazed at how well her songs are written when I’m listening to them. And SO amazing to hear that she loves Jesus so much…that’s SO cool!

Excited for your book dream coming true! “Liked” you on FB last night 🙂

3. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:36 AM  |  reply

So looking forward to the CMA’s tonight. Thanks for the reminder.
    Still no Reba meeting via Hillary.
    Love the iTunes list, too.
    I don’t facebook, but know that I “like” you.

4. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM  |  reply

When I created a ‘fan’ page(makes me laugh!), I liked myself first! Second? I logged in as my hubby & made him like me whether he wanted to or not! 😉

5. Candy
    posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 8:14 PM  |  reply

GO LADY ANTEBELLUM!!! One down, many more to go. We love you!

6. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 8:47 PM  |  reply

I laughed out loud at the Kids Incorporated line. I loved that show!

7. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 10:32 PM  |  reply

Hi! Mary (Giving Up Perfect) told me I should check out your blog. Love it! I’ll definitely be back!

Oh, and I just discovered Dave Barnes…he’s amazing!!

8. posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:24 PM  |  reply

Oh,lists!where would our sanity be without them?! Christmas albums make my heart aflutter as soon as Halloween candy has been eaten, which is by midnight:)
    and honey, like yourself away..you’ve worked hard! a little internet self hug can’t hurt! congrats! and woohoo on CMA’s..me loves livin’ in music city!

9. posted on Nov 11, 2010 at 9:12 AM  |  reply

So looking forward to your book. And I loved your comment how you can finally say that you like yourself! Why does it take us sooooo long to get to the place where we can celebrate the beauty God sees in us! Yay for you. We also like you lots 🙂

10. posted on Nov 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM  |  reply

Hey Annie,
    Just “liked” your fan page! I’m going to recommend your book to our girls ministry leaders! So excited for you, and trying to learn from your experiences (hope you don’t mind)–you go girl!!
    Shaunie