Smile, Wednesday: Scotland stuff.

on February 9, 2011 in (in)courage, Scotland with 9 comments by

I know. It’s been a week.

Even when I had my tonsils out I continued to blog.

But apparently when I live in another first world country, I can’t fit it into my schedule.

[That’s not truly the reason.]

Here’s the thing. I’m processing so many things. I feel like the dryer of my soul has been tumbling my thought laundry constantly for the last few days (weeks?). And things in there are getting HOT. [I have stretched that analogy as far as it will go, but I used it in my journal too, so it makes sense in my head.]

I can’t write about it publicly. Well, I guess it’s more that I don’t want to, just to be honest. God and I are working through some majorly great and challenging stuff, but I’m not ready to talk about it.

Just know that when God opens up doors for you to step out and be brave, He takes you, moves you, pushes you, changes you, and loves you.

Do it.

When you get the chance, do it.

If you want the chance, ask for it.

So now to a few great pictures from the trip…

North Berwick from the top of The Law

Esther & I with fancy nails

Super Bowl gathering... at 11:30pm.

Sweet Elliot & my hair looks weird.

Edinburgh Castle with The Civil Wars in my ears

Tom adding some pizazz to his popcorning.

I like the Royal Mile. A lot.

. . . . . . . . . .

Also, I wrote a post today over at (in)courage. It happened a while ago, but it still feels pretty near to my heart. I hope you get the chance to speak truth IN LOVE. It makes all the difference.

1. posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 8:36 AM  |  reply

Words aren’t sacred unless they are felt by the heart first…
    So treaaure and keep to yourself all God is teaching you until you are good and READY…

enjoy that heavenly place called Scotland…wish I could be inside those earphones in Edinburgh!!

2. posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 8:48 AM  |  reply

I’ve been enjoying your posts from Scotland. Glad you are fully embracing this time God has blessed you with.

3. posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 9:28 AM  |  reply

I can’t even describe how much I’m loving The Civil Wars right now!

4. posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 2:39 PM  |  reply

Hi, Annie…I’ve been following your blog for a few months now and I’ve so enjoyed getting to ‘know’ you through your words. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the open doors and being brave…I needed to read that today. Thank you for sharing your journey with us! 🙂

5. Kim
    posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 6:36 PM  |  reply

Annie, Scotland looks lovely and I have to say I’m so excited for whatever God has in store for you because I can’t help but feel like it’s going to be big, God-sized things.

6. posted on Feb 09, 2011 at 11:42 PM  |  reply

You better be ok. You sound like something is going on. If you need me and my three boys to kick some butt give us a holler. Maddi is not in butt kicking shape. She’s too tired.

7. posted on Feb 10, 2011 at 5:56 PM  |  reply

that. dryer. analogy. is. priceless. 🙂

8. posted on Feb 17, 2011 at 2:17 PM  |  reply

Sorry I’m a little late to the party, but I just stumbled on your blog. I took a trip to Edinburgh earlier last year, and absolutely loved it! The Royal Mile, the Castle at Edinburgh, touring the city…I loved it all. Glad you could experience Scotland…sounds like you had a great trip!

9. posted on Feb 17, 2011 at 5:42 PM  |  reply

It looks more like headphone are in your ears… po-tay-to, po-tah-toe