Tuesday round up!

on March 29, 2011 in (in)courage with 9 comments by

Gather round, cowgirls [and you cowguys out there]. Let’s round up some Tuesday things.

Today at (in)courage, I’ve posted an EXCLUSIVE excerpt from my book. So ride on over there and check out Lead With Laced Up Tennies.

When I read books, if I like the book, I try to email the author and say so. For the same reasons, if I have great service at a restaurant, I tell the manager or if I love a concert, I email the band. It’s just how I roll. So last week I emailed Erin McKean who wrote The Secret Lives of Dresses and sent her a link to my blogpost about the book. She wrote me back. So we’re pretty much besties now.

[People complain to authors and waitresses and managers and teachers and parents all the time. I like to be on the team that tells then when something goes RIGHT.]

If you like country music [you are a cowgirl after all], then let me HIGHLY recommend Cheryl LuQuire’s new EP. Five songs for $4.95? That’s a deal, y’all. I’ve had this EP on repeat for a few days and I am loving it when the sun-roof is open and the windows are down. She’s good. Real good.

The US Men’s soccer team plays tonight in Nashville and I am GIDDY about it. As you recall, I heart soccer mucho. I’ve never seen Landon Donovan play in real life. And I’m going to wear my Glasgow Rangers scarf. There are six of us going and I’m probably going to make 5.5 of them crazy. [I make myself crazy half the time.] But I can not wait.

Matt Wertz is so cool. I want to think up awesome stuff like he does. People in this town are doing rad stuff and I hope some of that rubs off on me.

I mean, how cool are these shirts?!?

I want an orange one. Real bad. And if you think I’m ashamed to have my friend’s name plastered across my torso, you are Wrongy McWrongerson.

If you want one, Matt’s store has all the options and I’ll be darned if you won’t have to narrow down your choices because you’ll want more than one.

That’s all for today. Circle up your ponies. Sing a campfire song. And I’ll see y’all tomorrow.

[I literally have no clue where the cowgirl theme came from today, but gosh I like it.]

Yee-haw!

1. posted on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:56 PM  |  reply

THAT IS AWESOME, & maybe at the end what i took away was “that guy is so great at folding shirts”

2. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 12:12 AM  |  reply

I’m visiting your blog for the first time tonight from (in)courage and I just have to tell you – I may never leave. Ever. Consider this the comment version of one of those lovely emails you send, because you crack. me. up. (in the best way) and I’ve officially scrolled through like your last week’s worth of posts.

For the record, I’ve added your book to my to read list for when law school is over and I have that elusive “free time” again. Also, you had me at Matt Wertz. He and Dave Barnes did a couple concerts at my undergrad years ago and I get unreasonably happy when they pop up in my itunes. Except it’s not unreasonable, because they’re fabulous.

Thus ends quite possibly the longest first comment ever, but you seem like the type of lady not to mind that 🙂

3. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 9:05 AM  |  reply

Those shirts are cool…

4. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 9:49 AM  |  reply

Annie, I found your blog by way of(in)Courage! Love it! Any fan of Dave Barnes/Matt Wertz is a friend of mine! 🙂

5. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 11:06 AM  |  reply

WOW! First of all …you said “Wrongy Mr. Wrongerson”…and that made me love you even more. And second, you are a cool cat that encourages people and supports people and art…( THOSE T-Shirts are RAD…majorly BAD)…and that makes me love you even more. Kelly, Kevins sister had a baby this weekend and we were gone…otherwise i would have loved to see you and Katie B. for breakfast…mucho love to you.

6. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 11:12 AM  |  reply

That video is just as cool as the shirts. And both are almost as cool as you!

7. posted on Mar 30, 2011 at 4:32 PM  |  reply

At the risk of sounding stalker-ish (I promise I had my tickets months ago!), I just wanted point out that in the last 5 days we have been at two of the same events (Drew Holcomb and the Neighbors and the soccer game).
    Also, cowgirl theme? Excellent.

8. Kathy Nace
    posted on Mar 31, 2011 at 8:34 AM  |  reply

How about “brilliant”? Many Brits use this one and it’s a nice substitute. But your determination to stretch your vocab to use words in such a way that they truly carry meaning is an even better solution. -Kathy, a Wordsmythe

9. posted on Mar 31, 2011 at 8:48 PM  |  reply

Super cool t-shirt story. (glad they don’t have a deep v)